ReimagineYour Supply Chain: The Definitive Guide to SAPinsider SCM16
You already know that SAPinsider SCM2016 is the definitive conference for organizations using SAP solutions to drive operational excellence across the extended supply chain. But do you know exactly what to expect from the event?
SCM2016 will be chock-full of opportunities to learn how you can digitally transform your supply chain and elevate your enterprise to new heights. Take a look at the thought-provoking sessions below and decide how you can make the most of your experience at SCM2016.
Pre-Conference Workshops – Sunday, March 20, 2016
A Complete and Up-to-Date Guide to SAP Product Lifecycle Management
1:00–4:00 p.m. | Banyan C | Adam Duran, SAP | Mark Landrosh, SAP
This three-hour session examines the continued expansion of the SAP Product Lifecycle Management (SAP PLM) application portfolio, delves into the various ways its functions can be used to meet critical business process requirements, and explores how it meets the needs of your integrated enterprise.
Through product demonstration, lecture, and use-case examples, you will:
- • See how to ensure product data consistency and to improve process integration through the use of the new SAP computer-aided design (CAD) integration platform, SAP Engineering Control Center
- • Find out how to enable systems engineering to develop products that comprise mechanical, electronic, and software components
- • Obtain guidance to best utilize SAP PLM functions to support the new product development lifecycle, from specifications and recipes to product structures and documentation
- • Get to know the latest product lifecycle costing functionality
- • Find out how to turn product ideas into profitable products with SAP Innovation Management
- • Explore options to extend SAP PLM functions with mobile capabilities and in-memory technology, such as the SAP HANA platform
- • Learn about new usability and functional features of SAP recipe development
Come away with details on the technology strategy and road map for SAP PLM, including insight into future investment areas and planned enhancements.
The Industrial Internet of Things: Driving Continued Success in an Evolving Production Environment
1:00–4:00 p.m. | Banyan B | Mike Lackey, SAP | Greg Gorbach, ARC Advisory Group
Manufacturing industries are going through unprecedented changes driven by digital advancements and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) revolution. This special three-hour session explores the IIoT and provides expert guidance for responding to production environment changes and adapting to the “factory of the future.”
Attendees will discuss how industrial machine-to-machine (M2M) capabilities are being impacted by growth in the broader Internet of Things (IoT), and explore:
- • Insights on use cases and applications that take advantage of real time analytics of big data in manufacturing
- • Key success factors to gain a competitive advantage in an IIoT-driven production environment, including the importance of supporting more strategic initiatives and enabling better decision making
- • SAP’s strategic direction for manufacturing and the investments being made in its IIoT innovation platform
- • Examples of how machine-to-machine (M2M) regulation of operations can automate business processes on the shop floor
- • Lessons to gain better visibility into manufacturing intelligence and drive more informed decision making by capturing data on the strategic, tactical, and operational level
- • Market research analysis that indicates IIoT trends, including insight into where people are in terms of roadmap development and technology adoption
Keynote Address, Spotlight Sessions, and Case Study – Monday, March 21, 2016
Surviving and Thriving in a Digital Economy
9:00–10:30 a.m. | South Seas B | Dr. Volker G. Hildebrand, SAP | Hans Thalbauer, SAP
Digitization is reinventing the world economy; individuals, businesses and societies are becoming interconnected in real time, leading to a new digital economy that is more collaborative, intelligent, transparent, responsive, and efficient with dramatic increases in productivity and economic value.
The digital economy is already transforming the way we live and work, how business runs, and how society functions. We are only at the beginning, but this transformation is happening faster than any other major economic transition in history.
Join Hans Thalbauer, senior vice president, Extended Supply Chain, and Volker Hildebrand, global vice president, Customer Engagement & Commerce, and learn how you can be in a position to:
- • Capture and create opportunities
- • Stay relevant and engage with a new breed of digital customers in an omnichannel world
- • Design, plan, make, deliver, and blend physical and digital products
- • Transform the way you market, sell, and provide after-sales service
The Impact of Digitization on R&D and Manufacturing
10:45 a.m.–12:00 p.m. | Jasmine B | Mike Lackey, SAP | Garrett Miller, SAP | Thomas Ohnemus, SAP
The digital economy will be driven by the need and ability to personalize solutions for individual customer demands. This will transform the design and produce business processes. By adjusting to a changing, dynamic landscape that is asking for better, individualized products faster, and by connecting people, processes, and technology across the organization, companies can adopt extended supply chain processes that can be a strategic advantage over the competition.
But to stand out in the market, challenged by an increasingly fast rate of innovation, high-quality products, and perfect service, companies must move away from working in silos to working in integrated models that combine design, production, and service into a flexible network.
What are the pragmatic steps needed to enable efficient business processes in an environment driven by digitization and the Internet of Things (IoT)? More specifically:
- • In R&D, how can software support the collaborative development of complex, smart products?
- • In connected manufacturing, how you can you transform your operations into a smart plant by connecting machines through IoT and enabling your manufacturing worker of the future?
- • How can manufacturers leverage the power of SAP HANA to gain insight from the massive amount of data that is coming in from the enterprise and shop floor?
Digitizing Your Supply Chain
3:00–4:15 p.m. | South Seas B | Richard Howells, SAP | Martin Barkman, SAP | Patrick Crampton-Thomas, SAP | Markus Rosemann, SAP SE
Business priorities such as customer-centricity, individualized products, resource scarcity, and business networks are driving strategies across all industries. Supply chain leaders realize now is the time to:
- Reimagine an entirely new supply chain that leverages the latest technology platforms to plan with demand-driven business processes
- Respond and orchestrate supply by sensing and capturing real-time demand and supply data
- Deliver through integrated logistics and order fulfillment processes.
This panel discussion with SAP thought leaders will provide supply chain executives with strategies to address these business priorities and a road map to the digital supply chain.
Discover the value of a connected product development and manufacturing solution based on real-life examples.
A Technical Examination of an SAP EWM Implementation: Time-Saving Lessons and Best Practices from Harry & David
1:30–2:45 p.m. | Jasmine G | Heather Bothern, Harry & David
Hear how Harry & David replaced its existing warehouse management applications with the SAP Extended Warehouse Management application to eliminate multiple interfaces and create a more integrated solution.
Get insight into the company’s:
- • Overall implementation experience and lessons learned for master data conversion
- • Data archiving strategy for SAP EWM that improved high-volume performance
- • Approach to leverage SAP EWM to establish a common system with functionality that can be rolled out across its entire landscape
- • Approach to continuous improvement, including how it exploits the latest and greatest SAP EWM capabilities delivered in every enhancement or service pack offering
Sessions, Case Studies, and Live Demo – Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Leverage SAP PLM to Design, Manage, and Sell Your Individualized Products
8:30–9:45 a.m. | Jasmine C | Mark Landrosh, SAP
Get an overview of the challenges presented to discrete manufacturers during the development and go to market process when they intend to deliver individualized, smart, connected products at a rapid pace.
Attend this session to understand how the latest innovations in SAP PLM, such as product structure manager (PSM), variant configuration (VC), SAP 3D Visual Enterprise, and SAP solutions for customer engagement and commerce, can be used to help to address these challenges.
You will also:
- • Learn how SAP PLM Engineering Control Centre (ECTR) helps to manage master data creation and deliver customer-driven products to the market by orchestrating all business functions and bills of material requirements
- • Find out how you can utilize SAP PLM product structure manager (PSM) to define and manage variants – including linking variants to materials – and develop customized offerings to meet unique customer needs
- • Discuss how variant product definitions can be used downstream in SAP 3D Visual Enterprise-based work instructions and technical communications to eliminate the rework inherent in traditional processes
- • See how to leverage variant rules in SAP solutions for customer engagement and commerce and online sales to provide an interactive sales experience to customers
Maximize Profitability and Optimize Inventory with SAP Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning
12:45–2:00 p.m. | Jasmine B | Sandy Markin, SAP
This session provides an overview of the SAP Integrated Business Planning solution and how it enables the alignment of supply and demand in addition to optimizing inventory.
Attend this session to:
- • Analyze the impact of different supply and demand scenarios using SAP Integrated Business Planning for sales and operations
- • Find out how to translate demand and supply plans into specific inventory targets for every item at every location for each time period in the future planning horizon
- • Learn how the results of these planning processes are updated in the operational systems, thereby connecting the sales and operations plan to the execution processes
Drive New Insight into Operations with SAP MII and SAP HANA
12:45–2:00 p.m. | Palm A | Frank Platt, SAP
Attend this session to get a firsthand look at how real-time information in manufacturing changes the game from “rear-view mirror” thinking to actionable intelligence.
Attend this forward-looking session to:
- • Understand the SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP MII) strategy and road map, including current and planned innovations that support real-time manufacturing requirements
- • Get an overview of how machine-to-machine integration and event management can enable Industry 4.0 and orchestrate intelligent manufacturing across the enterprise
- • Learn how to run manufacturing operations data in-memory to automate and accelerate information flow and gain new insights through predictive analytics
- • Discover how digitization enables condition-based maintenance; quality operations, planning, and control; and production information management on the shop floor
Learn How Albemarle Corporation Transformed Its Supply Chain with SAP Integrated Business Planning
10:30–11:45 a.m. | Banyan D | Pushpinder Singh, Intrigo Systems | Eric Stratmann, Albemarle Corporation
Attend this session to learn how Albemarle Corporation has leveraged the SAP Integrated Business Planning solution. Hear how Albemarle evolved its sales and operations planning (S&OP) process to be demand-driven, in turn improving forecast accuracy. This platform has enabled and solidified Albemarle’s S&OP process by building out a reliable and extendable supply demand balancing component.
Gain perspective on how the SAP Integrated Business Planning platform was leveraged to solve challenges, and discover how to balance the challenges and deal with the trade-offs of granular data vs. reliable plan outputs while ensuring long-term sustainability and success.
By attending, you’ll learn how to:
- • Increase visibility of demand through all nodes of the supply chain
- • Examine the trade-offs of granular data vs. reliable plan outputs
- • Drive continuous improvement in your planning process
- • Assess the impact of demand and inventory on supply capacity
Best-in-Class Inventory Replenishment at Lennox International
10:30–11:45 a.m. | Palm A | Sumanth Surendra, Lennox International | Mani Suresh, Lennox International
See how Lennox International reengineered its business processes and distribution planning across its supply chain by building a robust inventory deterministic model and enabling integration across various SAP modules to streamline replenishment planning.
Attend this session for insight into the tools and techniques the company used to:
- • Reduce inventory costs and improve safety stock levels while maintaining customer service levels across all network nodes
- • Re-design its inventory replenishment strategy based on product segmentation and lot sizing
- • Optimize distribution networks through right inputs to parameter calculations
Come away with an understanding of the benefits Lennox International realized by reengineering the business process prior to determining a technology enablement strategy.
Demystifying SAP Solutions for Integrated Business Planning and Supply Chain Monitoring
8:30–9:45 a.m. | Palm D | Sandy Markin, SAP
Attend this session to walk through a demonstration of the SAP solutions for integrated business planning and supply chain monitoring, including:
- • Key features and functionality offered with SAP Supply Chain Control Tower
- • New S&OP techniques using SAP Integrated Business Planning for sales and operations
- • Functionality delivered in SAP Integrated Business Planning for inventory, SAP Integrated Business Planning for supply, and SAP Integrated Business Planning for demand
Sessions – Wednesday, March 23, 2016
An Up-to-Date Guide to the Latest SAP Solutions That Support End-to-End Logistics, Order Fulfillment, and Supply Chain Integrity
8:30–9:45 a.m. | Jasmine C | Markus Rosemann, SAP SE
Attend this session to get a firsthand look at the full portfolio of logistics and order fulfillment solutions from SAP and the vision for supply chain execution convergence in 2016 and beyond.
- • Get an overview of new capabilities delivered in the latest transportation management and warehouse management solutions from SAP
- • Grasp how SAP solutions for logistics networks extend the portfolio with comprehensive capabilities for increased visibility
- • Step through real-world examples of how your counterparts are leveraging functionality from SAP to drive overall business value through logistics excellence
Customer-Centricity and Omnichannel: Inside the SAP Solution Strategy to Enable Demand-Driven Business Planning
10:30–11:45 a.m. | Jasmine G | Martin Barkman, SAP
This session examines SAP’s current solution offerings and planned investments that support demand-driven business planning, including insight into how leading organizations have transformed their supply chains through integrated and real-time business plans.
Learn how to:
- • Simplify and coordinate supply chain planning through a new user interface with embedded collaboration technology
- • Enable more frequent planning cycles by avoiding any latency due to data transfer between different planning systems
- • Ensure plans are executed in operational systems by incorporating predictive analytics algorithms in combination with SAP optimization tools
An Updated Guide to Enable Real-Time Network Visibility with the SAP Supply Chain Control Tower
1:00–2:15 p.m. | Palm A | Eric Simonson, SAP Labs
Find out the top ways to leverage the SAP Supply Chain Control Tower to effectively increase supply chain visibility and reduce supply chain risk.
This session will provide:
- • An overview of the SAP Supply Chain Control Tower solution and embedded functionality, such as real-time alert monitoring
- • An understanding of how you can get greater insight into your end-to-end supply chain to predict issues in the demand network and resolve them quickly
- • Details on SAP’s future strategy and road map for the SAP Supply Chain Control Tower
Gain Winning Techniques to Meet Demand Using Key Capabilities of SAP PLM for Process Manufacturing
3:00–4:15 p.m. | Palm A | Dan Bender, SAP Labs
Attend this session to get invaluable strategies to develop and deliver innovative products that meet these increased demands in an efficient way while maintaining quality. Walk through the core functionalities of SAP PLM for Process Manufacturing that support this innovation process and get tips that will reduce cost and improve compliance.
Plus, you will learn how to:
- • Navigate regulatory and reporting challenges that effect product development in process industries
- • Develop and manage product recipes and formulations quickly, and reuse existing ingredients
- • Run contextual analytics and simulations to better understand product performance
- • Design packaging and simplify labeling within a single environment for managing portfolios of projects
Before you attend his keynote presentation at SCM2016, check out Hans Thalbauer’s latest blog post, “Chief Supply Chain Officer: The Most Transformative Executive In The C-Suite.”