1603 releases for SAP S/4HANA cloud editions
As planned. SAP has released the new SAP S/4HANA cloud editions as planned on March 10th 2016:
- SAP S/4HANA, cloud marketing edition 1603, helps your marketing department capture and analyze customer interactions from different channels
- SAP S/4HANA, professional services edition 1603, covers everything from project management to professional services automation
- SAP S/4HANA, cloud enterprise edition 1603, covers the most important scenarios to run a company, from finance to procurement to manufacturing and supply chain – our ERP in the cloud
Let me give you a quick overview of the scope of this new release with a few examples.
SAP hat shipped a few new functionalities for the Marketing edition like “Predictive models” helping manage predictive model for the KPIs used for example in segmentation. For this edition we have added the “paid search integration”: integration to Google AdWords of the paid search campaign, including link to existing paid search campaigns in Yahoo, Bing…
SAP S/4HANA, cloud professional services edition with new country availability. France and Philippines have both been added to a existing list of 10 supported countries.
Finally, for the cloud enterprise edition next to functional enhancements, SAP is now supporting the following countries: Australia, Hungary, Netherlands, Singapore and United Kingdom.
Get more knowledgeable about the scope and the new functionalities via the Feature Scope Description available on the SAP Portal here.
Let´s also have a look at SAP Best Practices content, which is key for our cloud offerings optimizing the usage significantly.
SAP has delivered additional Best Practices from SAP Activate. Here are a few examples of scope items available with the SAP S/4HANA, cloud enterprise edition:
- Order to Cash: Debit Memo Processing
- Make-to-Stock Production – Discrete Industry
- Order to Cash: Sales Order Processing with Customer Down Payment
- Asset Accounting
And for the SAP S/4HANA, cloud professional service edition:
- Sales Order Processing for Project Based Services
- Time Recording for Project-Based Services
- Accounting and Financial Close
- Account Receivables
Example of new scope items from SAP Best Practices
Now a few words on integration
Seamless integration is key in the cloud. SAP is offering native integration between its cloud solutions throughout the cloud portfolio, leveraging middleware like SAP Hana Cloud Integration (HCI) or SAP Process Integration (PI) – the later especially interesting for existing SAP customers to leverage their skills. SAP cloud solutions enable customers to run end to end business processes. With the 1603 release, SAP is now including within the Best Practice packages for SAP S/4HANA, cloud enterprise 1603 edition the following integration scenarios:
- New integration scenario: Ariba Integration for Financials
- Additional process steps for existing integration scenarios, using SAP HCI or SAP PI technology for:
- Ariba Network Integration
- Employee Central Integration into S/4HANA
You will find more information about the Best Practices for the 1603 release for both integration and best practice content here.
What is coming next for the SAP S/4HANA cloud editions?
You will find more information about the roadmap for SAP S/4HANA cloud editions in the Service Marketplace http://service.sap.com/roadmap > Product and Solution Roadmap > Cross topics > SAP S/4HANA cloud edition
Now it’s your turn: check out the trial version for SAP S/4HANA cloud editions.
Start your SAP S/4HANA cloud edition experience now with a 14-day trial. There you can already put on the shoes of different roles like the Project Manager, the Purchaser or the Marketing expert. The 1603 version is planned to go live on April 18, and will contain the new scenario „Marketing – Planning”.
Access the cloud edition trial here.