Since February 2nd 2016 SAP Commercial Project Management is available as an extension for SAP S/4HANA. SAP Commercial Project Management addresses in particular the needs of companies that need to manage customer projects or capital investment projects.
Within their digitial transformation companies need to digitize their core business processes. In the project business today many companies are still quite far away from representing their project related data and processes within a digitial core. Instead data and processes are distributed over multiple tools and applications. Many processes (like e.g. project estimation, forecasting, issue management, change management, risk management) are often handled with Excel or with specialized nichte solutions. Typically there is no or only poor integration with the Enterprise Management backbone system.
These fragmented data and processes lead to multiple challenges:
- Lack of a single version of the truth
- Delays in reporting due to synchronization and manual reconciliation
- Missing transparency in the organization about the true status of the projects
- Missing ability to learn from previous projects for future projects
- Missing consistent change management with negative impact on the project margins
- Project Managers spend too much time with internally focused activities
SAP Commercial Project Management for SAP S/4HANA provides a solution to overcome these challenges. SAP Commercial Project Management leverages the capabilities of SAP S/4HANA, in particular in the areas of Project Financial Control, Project Logistics Control, Financials, Sales, and Procurement. On top of this and fully integrated the following functionality is provided:
- Project Workspace to get an integrated view on all relevant aspects of a project
- Project Cost and Revenue Planning to consistenly plan and forecast quantities, costs and revenues through the complete project lifecycle
- Project Issue and Change Management to systematically manage issues and change requests
With SAP Commercial Project Management all the project data and processes are part of the digital core provided by SAP S/4HANA. This helps companies to make their succes in the project business better repeatable and predictable and to avoid surprises.
The integrated project cost planning provides a single source of truth between the financial system and the project management system. With SAP Commercial Project Management a near real-time forecasting allows to achieve transparency on the expected project outcome at any point in time. In addition, the project workspace allows a single access to all project relevant data and processess. Embedded Analytics including alert functionality help in early identification of issues. The fully integrated change management gives transparency on the business impact of change requests and allows to systematically manage and track all the activities that are required during change request processing.
If you want to learn more about SAP Commercial Project Management for SAP S/4HANA please have a look at the product documentation under: https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_COMMERCIAL_PROJECT_MANAGEMENT_S4H/2.0.1/en-US