Proof of Concept: Integration of SAP TM and SAP EM with Trimble Telematics solutions
In order to show how Telematics provider can be integrated with SAP TM via SAP EM, a proof of concept has been realized by SAP together with Trimble Transport & Logistics, controlling a transportation network by considering real-time execution data.
This document describes how the WSDL services provided by Trimble Telematics Solutions can be leveraged in SAP EM to get real-time tracking data to update the event handlers. It explains how the standard freight order tracking scenario (integration between SAP TM and SAP EM) can be enhanced to
- provide the expected events data from SAP EM, which is based on the planning data from SAP TM, to the Trimble Telematics Solutions and
- get the tracking data which is provided by the Trimble Telematics Solutions in (almost) real-time into SAP EM respectively SAP TM.
It describes in detail:
- which customizing settings have to be changed in SAP TM and SAP EM based on the standard freight order tracking scenario ODT30_TO to define a custom scenario
- additional activities and extraction functions which need to be implemented
- how third party services can be integrated with SAP EM
- how to trigger automatic updates of a freight order in SAP TM based on new execution information
The document can be found here: http://go.sap.com/docs/download/2016/03/8487aadc-637c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf.
This is a great Stuff. Will try this and take your inputs on this.
Thanks for such a detailed information.