For SAP S/4HANA we already deliver the best practice content via proven channels . Now we take a huge step forward by delivering SAP S/4HANA Best Practice Process Content including BPMN2 diagrams and project WBS for consumption in Solution Manager 7.2.
Solution Manager 7.2 is now in ramp up and for testing purpose you can also consider trying Solution Manager 7.2 in CAL for testing. Having configured a Solution Manager 7.2 at customer site, the content is instantly ready for download. After the download, the content is available in the import branch of the solution. The content consists of the main documentation assets:
- process (scope item) with structure (process steps and interfaces)
- the links between processes
- BPMN2 diagrams based on the process steps and interfaces describing the flow of the processes
- building blocks with IMG activities & links to configuration documentation required for the configuration of each process
- process step originals in library
- interface originals in library
- executables (transaction codes, URL’s, web dynpro applications, fiori apps)
- the WBS for the package leading to the creation of an implementation project in IT-PPM in Solution Manager 7.2 according to SAP Activate with accelerators
Most process steps carry assignments of relevant executables (transaction codes, web dynpro, programs or fiori apps). For each process and the assigned building blocks, the content delivers the links to the respective documentation. The reuse entities executables, process steps, interfaces and building blocks reside in the respective library areas in the Solution Manager Unified Directory. Take a look into our teaser video and see how it looks like to execute an import of SAP S/4HANA Best Practices content into Solution Manager 7.2.
After the import, it is possible to both work with project in IT-PPM and with content. All content can then be modified to full extent. Details of that will be shown in another posting.