10 reasons why SAP S/4HANA is so popular with metals, paper, building products, cement companies
There is a lot of buzz around S/4HANA and I wanted to give you my view on why you should be considering this for your Mill Products company. And by the way – Mill Products includes metals, pulp/paper/packaging, cement/concrete, textiles, plastic products.
- The SAP Industry Solution for Discrete Industries and Mill Products (DIMP) is now a standard functionality. It is no longer required to decide to turn on DIMP functionality or not.
- Handling characteristic-based materials is one of the common challenges in the mill products industries. Improvements in analytics in SAP S/4HANA like better visualization and faster access will help companies understand business operations for these types of materials.
- Manufacturing planning functionality is being integrated to S/4HANA. Production Planning/Detailed Scheduling is becoming a standard functionality. There is still the option of running APO side-by-side as well.
- Customers running the new material requirements planning (MRP) have experienced significant speed improvements. Together with the new smart business cockpits this allows customers to run daily or even inter-day planning runs.
- Operational analytics and reporting on real-time data allows companies to discover the source of disruptions and respond to real-world events faster than ever.
- Some customers implementing S/4HANA have discovered that they can eliminate nearly 90% of their custom coding. Extensibility concepts in S/4HANA still allow for customers to individualize their SAP S/4HANA.
- Cloud adoption is coming but not all at once. Hybrid architectures will be required to ease the transition to cloud. The integration with SAP-based applications like SAP Ariba, SAP SuccessFactors or other cloud applications is improved.
- Customers with multiple ERP installations, have always been challenged with corporate level reporting and visibility into operations. SAP Central Finance system allows the consolidation of relevant financing data across both SAP and non-SAP ERP.
- One key performance indicator for many IT teams is the proliferation of users. User numbers at customers have doubled due to new analytics and improvements in user experience like Fiori.
- Mill Products and Mining customers are leading the way to S/4HANA adoption. Among the 26 industries SAP covers, customer adoption in Mill Products and Mining is one of the highest.
If you want to know more about how SAP supports Mill Products industries – check out these links: