SAP Middleware Solutions: Rebooted
Welcome to Middleware Solutions Rebooted. The purpose of this blog is simple. To give us a better understand of where some of the SAP Middleware solutions can fit into your SAP Landscape. There are many, many, many blogs out here in SCN to give us the How To’, but few to give us the why’s. Why would I use this over that or that over this?
Many times in my classes or on a customer visits, I find gaps in the understanding the basics concepts of our products and solutions. Now, I usually meet with technical oriented people. Most of the times technical oriented people hate to ask questions in front of other technical oriented people in fear that they may seem less technically oriented. On top of that, there are technical innovations that are not clearly defined in the market. And everyone expect us to know the answers. Not all of us stay on top of our thermonuclear quantum nano computing physic after college.
In my career I have visited and talked to many successful businesses and the two things they have in common are:
not one operated the same, even in the same industry.
Second, every company had some changes, either internal or external due to market factors.
SAP offers an infinite amount of possibilities and combination of solutions.
Please Note the Joseism: The views of this blog are solely the views of Jose Valladares as see throughout his professional technical career. Views maybe support or may not be support by SAP AG, SAP North America or SAP Education. Before making any decision please contact your friendly neighborhood SAP Professional for additional information. To my technical friends…that is what we call a disclaimer.
So take a deep breath, reset…. and then REBOOT. Let us take a new fresh look at the solutions and ask the basics of questions so that we may get a clearer understanding of SAP’s Middleware solutions. When a system fails to understand its code what does Basis have us do???………RE..BOOT!!!
Over the next few weeks we are going to take a look at the SAP Middleware Platform.
- SAP Process Orchestration
- SAP HANA Cloud Integration
- SAP API Management
- SAP Gateway
- SAP Application Interface Framework
- SAP Decision Service Management
- SAP Enterprise Portal
- SAP Event Stream Processor
- SAP Operational Process Intelligence
- SAP PowerDesigner
- SAP Process Mining by Celonis
Starting next Monday, March 14, We will start with Process Orchestration and then move down the list. I welcome all questions, comments and recommendations. When everyone joins in on the blog we all benefit. email@example.com
Here is a quick overview of the Middleware Platform
SAP Process Orchestration
Drive maximum value from your processes. SAP Process Orchestration empowers you to quickly automate and flexibly optimize your business processes – from simple workflows to integrated processes that span applications and organizational boundaries.
- Develop custom process applications based on models
- Exchange data across SAP and non-SAP applications
- Automate decisions and ensure compliance with policy
SAP HANA Cloud Integration
Quickly and seamlessly connect your cloud applications to other SAP and non-SAP enterprise software – without extensive coding – using SAP HANA Cloud Integration. This integration as a service solution from SAP can help you harmonize business processes and data in a secure and reliable environment.
- Use bi-directional integration to connect your cloud and enterprise applications
- Gain a unified view of all business data and eliminate data entry
- Simplify and centralize monitoring and management of integrations
- Speed implementation using pre-packaged integration content
- Lower TCO with an affordable, pay-as-you-go subscription model and minimal up-front investment
SAP API Management
Introducing an easier way to share digital assets and processes with developer communities. SAP API Management simplifies access to your systems, allowing developers to quickly and securely connect with your enterprise data and back-end services, while protecting against threats – so you can bring new products to market faster and seamlessly scale to billions of API calls.
- Empower developers to connect from new user interfaces, digital channels, and devices
- Scale and govern access to enterprise data with improved policies, security, and traffic management
- Simplify access to back-end services and complex landscapes for developers and business partners
- Gain clearer insight into how and when your digital assets are being consumed – and by whom
- Seamlessly integrate with SAP applications – and provide easy user access with single sign-on
- Accelerate innovation and open new revenue streams with SAP HANA Advanced Analytics
Every company knows that it’s all about the user. Whether the user is an employee, customer or supplier, we all need a simple way to interact with our business data. Create a compelling user experience on top of SAP that is native to the device and to the user.
- Engage with any type of user in any environment
- Open your SAP systems to a new world of applications
- Quick time to market and simple development process
- Seamlessly integrate with your SAP systems and processes
SAP Application Interface Framework
This interface management tool provides structured guidance to help you quickly and cost-effectively create and deploy compliant interfaces. Empower business users to monitor interfaces and troubleshoot issues without IT – and customize authorizations to protect sensitive data.
- Develop and deploy application interfaces in an SAP-centric or heterogeneous system environment
- Use a guided framework to efficiently implement interfaces, re-use logic, and improve data accuracy
- Monitor interfaces across technologies such as IDOC, Web services, qRFC, tRFC, files, batch input, and others
- Empower business users to correct interface errors on user-friendly screens —“ without help from IT
- Improve governance with interface transparency within an area of responsibility
- Customize authorizations for monitoring and error handling —“ and enforce “œneed to know” business rules
SAP Decision Service Management
Quickly react to changing business and regulatory requirements and adapt processes in enterprise applications. SAP Decision Service Management aims to simplify and accelerate the management of decision logic that is driving your applications processes.
- Centrally manage a repository of decision services
- Empower business users to control decision services
- Make decision services available to connected business applications instantaneously without costly down times
SAP Enterprise Portal
- Reduce IT costs through fast, affordable integration of SAP and non-SAP resources
- Provide direct access to role-specific business processes and information
- Support a single, comprehensive view of business data
SAP Event Stream Processor
Analyze and act on events as they happen with SAP Event Stream Processor. This award-winning complex event processing (CEP) platform delivers real-time stream processing and analytics. Maximize responsiveness and agility, take full advantage of the Internet of Things (IoT) – and develop new applications with embedded CEP functionality
- Monitor incoming event streams for trends, patterns, and correlations – and respond in real time
- Use alerts and push notifications to notify users of emerging opportunities or threats
- Initiate an immediate, automatic response to urgent situations
- Process millions of events per second – and get streamed results within milliseconds
- Take full advantage of the Internet of Things (IoT) and real-time data streaming
- Develop and deploy complex data models in hours with a versatile event processing language
- Accelerate event flow modeling with intuitive design-time tools
- Integrate with existing data sources and applications using a wide range of adapters and interfaces Collect, manage, filter, and digest data from any source
SAP Operational Process Intelligence
This in-memory software gives you complete, real-time visibility into your end-to-end business processes and process data across SAP and non-SAP systems. Improve business process management, empower employees with operational intelligence, and fast-track issue resolution
- Decision support Leverage real-time operational intelligence and data-in-motion monitoring – and give your line-of-business employees the situational awareness they need to make better decisions every day.
- SAP HANA in-memory computing platform. Take advantage of the SAP HANA Platform – a real-time in-memory data platform that combines business events from operational systems with process analytics. Because SAP HANA correlates and contextualizes structured operational data from processes in real time, it provides insight into what is happening now – while making it possible to predict future outcomes.
- Integration services integrate all of your data sources into SAP HANA – to complement your SAP HANA applications or to perform in-depth operational analysis
The software’s data modeling tools let you build a blueprint of your current enterprise architecture and visualize the impact of change before it happens. Automatically capture architecture layers and requirements, tap into a powerful metadata repository, and share discoveries with your team.
- Align business and IT. Use link-and-sync technology to create connections between requirements, business language, and data models.
- Improve team productivity . elp developers and enterprise architects share information with a secure metadata repository for all modeling types.
- Document your existing system. Take advantage of flexible, wizard-driven system documentation and Web-based reporting.
- Support an open software environment. Improve your understanding of heterogeneous systems with support for leading XML, database, and process language standards.
SAP Process Mining by Celonis
Visualize and understand the operative processes running within and across your SAP solutions. Distill large volumes of real-time data about business process execution. Gain a clear picture of when tasks are performed and whether processes are running as-designed.
- Enable transparent views of business processes through real-time process surveillance
- Enhance information usability with intuitive, graphical visual representations of processes
- Measure process effectiveness with powerful analytical capabilities
- Increase process efficiency by identifying process weaknesses
- Improve profitability due to more reliable business operations
Please join the Reboot Nation
Send me your questions to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on twitter (Jose V @gotRebooted) for future updates on SAP Integration or
find me on LinkedIn
See you next week.