This blog is for portal end-users and content administrators who would like to learn about the new features developed in the latest Enterprise Portal SP for FLP on EP, their added value, and the configuration required.
Prerequisite: Minimum required SP for ABAP FES server is SAPP_UI750 SP02 component, which includes SAPUI5 1.34.x For additional information please refer to SAP note 2031108.
1 Sync Home Page
This new action on Options Menu allows an end-user getting the updated content on the Home page after portal administrator changes it.
Detailed information on each selected option behavior can found here.
To enable this feature portal administrator should check-in the following parameter on the Framework Page configuration page:
2 News Tile (via RSS feeds)
This feature allows your portal server to access the external websites and update the tile content constantly:
To enable this feature an administrator has to fulfil the following steps:
- Define proxy host and port for portal server http service and restart it
- Download the RSS feed xml file from a news site and save in on portal server under C:\usr\sap\<server ID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root
- Create a news tile using News iView template and set the properties as described here. An example is shown below:
- Check in the news iView property Default App in Home Page, assign the news iView to the end-user role (usually it is also shown in a locked group).
3 Theme Change Using User Preferences Option
An end-user can set the preferred theme using Options Menu (User Preferences option).
After the end-user chooses a theme and presses Save, the UI is refreshed and displayed in a new theme.
To learn more:
- SAP Documentation NW 7.5 Release notes