Splash/BUILD hands-on workshop at HANA Innovation Day in OKINAWA Vol.2
I conducted a SAP Web IDE hands-on workshop at HANA Innovation Day in OKINAWA last July 2015.
SAP Mentor supported HANA Innovation Day in Okinawa, Japan
This is the 2nd HANA Innovation Day in OKINAWA on 6th of Feb. 2016.
I conducted a Splash/BUILD hands-on workshop.
The event was organized by Lexues who is an IT service provider
based in Okinawa located south part of Japan. Lexues has deep
“Technology” knowledge, variety of unique “Talented staffs” and
supports “Local” business/communities.
The purpose of this event is developing talented IT engineers
who can contribute international business from Okinawa and
also contribute local business.
About 30 people (IT engineers, Designers, UX experts) joined the 2nd event.
Happy news is that some of them have implemented a real business solution on HCP and they are expanding their business. A cool solution is “TCO Simulator” for having big trucks. It gives simulations of life cycle cost including maintenance and running cost.
They said that project duration was 1/6 and development cost was 1/3 on HCP compared with past projects without HCP.
In the 2nd event, they have learned the Splash/BUILD prototype tools.
Agenda: Hands-on SplashApp
1. Create a study
2. Define data model and sample data
3. Create a prototype with hotspots with images
4. Create a prototype using controls ( Responsive and Object template)
5. Import to SAP Web IDE
- It is a simple and easy tool. I like it.
- Study and Study result are keys of prototype phase and I see those are unique things from SAP. Other vendors do not have it.
- I would like to learn more about Design Thinking
- I can contribute making it to run in Japanese. I like open source project.
- Need to improve the tool for end users. Some guide is required when end users execute a task.
- IT engineers can manage developing a prototype in English but local language support is required for end user screens.
The event space “Topothesia” is a nice place and I really enjoyed having a workshop there. It is a cafe style co-working space located just front of University of the Ryukyus. Students can meets experts from different areas and collaborate with them.