You want to turn your website into a Lead Generation Engine but know 60 – 70% of all consumers have made their decision before they contact a supplier. How do you ensure they decide on you? The good news is there’s a lot you can do and a great place to start is your website. Why your website? These highly informed consumers conducted the majority of their research online. A hyper-tuned website ensures that you are relevant to them- and that are top of mind in their selection.
According to a PDA Group Digital Presence Check Survey, the largest potential for vendor improvement are in the areas of lead generation and content marketing. Digital is not an option; it’s an imperative for IT solution providers. An on target and present digital presence must exist to generate leads.
Here are 5 takeaways that we can all apply to our digital agendas to improve online lead conversion in 2016:
1. Is your Value Proposition clearly identified on your website? What is it you do better that your competition? In an online marketplace your competitor is only a click away….and your Value Proposition needs to be front and center of your website. A staggering 57% of IT Solution Providers do not communicate their Value Proposition correctly on their website.
2. Can anyone vouch for you? Do you have Customer Testimonials that you can show? When visitors locate your site they want to know that you have done this before. Customer Testimonials are an excellent way to show that you’ve been successful and that others will advocate on your behalf. This is a key activities yet 69% of all websites do not provide customer testimonials and success stories.
3. Who are you targeting? Is your content relevant for them? It is important to identify who your customer is and to also understand what they are looking for. Create relevant content which aims to determine how you will solve their problem. This content should leave them looking for them to continue that conversation with you “off-line”. More than two-thirds (69%) of the evaluated websites of IT solution providers did not have content that was relevant and truly useful to their audiences.
4. Are there call-to-actions clearly identified for your customer? Once your customer has found your website and located content that is relevant to them you need to encourage them to take the next step. This could be in the form of a downloadable eBook or whitepaper which could require a lead generating form. The vast majority of IT solution providers (84%) do not use any CTAs to induce visitors to take the next step in the buying process with you.
5. Do you know if your site is generating interest? Are you managing site and marketing analytics? Measurement is the most important element of any strategy which provides insight into how you are performing. Web Analytics is a powerful tool to provide information on your customer traffic, what your customers are clicking on and should ultimately provide a decision making platform for your marketing strategy. The study revealed that the majority of the IT solution providers (81%) have already taken the step of integrating an analytics software to their website.
Having a web presence is not sufficient to survive online. While key, it must be complimented by on message content and success stories, relevant, measurable, and have a clear call to action. It takes just 10-20 seconds for someone to leave a web page that isn’t sticky. Make sure your site keeps their eyes glued to you and you’ll Turn your Website into a Lead Generation Engine!