You’ve probably heard a lot about SAP S/4HANA by now and the S/4HANA Community Space as well as the S/4HANA cookbook are the right places to learn more about it overall. I already wrote about the transition to SAP’s latest Business Suite in my earlier blog post for both, on-premise and cloud editions. Check it out using the link below:
When it comes to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Editions, did you ever think about migrating your data to the cloud? We at SAP did and therefore, we actually built the migration engine right into the foundation of the S/4HANA Cloud Editions. While this applies for cloud only, it’s a really smart way to get your data in by file upload with generated templates that you can work with using MS Excel. But it’s not just an upload, it also includes validations and value mapping as this is supported by the new tool. This is available as part of SAP S/4HANA through the ‘Manage Your Solution‘ SAP Fiori application that contains the app for migrating your data. You can execute data migrations directly out of this application and the migration objects are proposed based on the selected preconfigured business processes.
Data Migration based on the ‘Migrate Your Data‘ app at a glance:
- Create your own migration project to transfer data from file by leveraging the built-in data migration best practices content
- Select the migration objects you need to transfer according to the given solution scope your very own the SAP S/4HANA cloud edition system
- Download template files that provide the metadata for the available and required fields as well as some additional technical fields
- Learn about the fields and fill in your source data into the template according to the structure
- Upload the populated spreadsheet, view the data and manipulate it
- Validate the data, perform the value mapping and resolve errors
- Load the data into SAP S/4HANA
Click here for watching the demo.
You can find more information on this in the SAP Service Marketplace (SMP) by clicking the link below:
Simply open the ‘Enterprise technology’ area and you’ll find the data migration scope items that are built-in for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Enterprise and Cloud Project Services Edition.
Watch The Data Migration Guys:
Data Migration Community Space:
Follow us on Twitter: @SAPServices