How to modify object ID during content addition in Portal Role Editor
In the Enterprise Portal we can create content structure directly in the Portal Role Editor.
When a portal role is created we can add content from the Portal Content Catalog as a delta link or as a copied object.
The content is being added with the original object ID and a serial suffix in case this ID already exist.
Content administrators want to be able to add objects with specific ID for different useful reasons (search, management, etc.)
In this blog I want to share “how to enable object ID change” during the add action.
This is useful functionality disabled by default and we need to enable it in configuration NWA UI.
1. Open NWA (SAP NetWeaver Administrator) http(s)://<server>:<port>/nwa
2. Navigate to “Operations” -> “Systems” -> “Start & Stop”
3. Select “Java Applications” and filter by “com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog” and select “Portal Service Configuration”
4. Change the Value for “Enable changing properties” to True and “Save”
5. From “More Actions” select “View Corresponding to Application”
6. In the “Portal Service Details About com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog” view select “Stop Service” for “contentcatalog” service “On All Instances”
7. In the “Portal Service Details About com.sap.portal.appdesigner.contentcatalog” view select “Start Service” for “contentcatalog” service “On All Instances”
Result is that during addition of an object from the Portal Content Catalog to the role in the Portal Role Editor – the popup “Mofify Properties” appears with an option to change object ID.
Thanks for sharing the info.
Which release and SP is this property available?
It was part of product from the beginning of the 7.3x
Nice! How come I didn't know this...
This same question I'm asking myself.
Are there maybe more such hidden features, which were introduced in 7.3, but the world hasn't seen yet? 🙂 If so, please bring it on! 😉