5 Tips – Arm yourself with an action plan for SAPinsider GRC 2016
With SAPinsider GRC just a few weeks away, my colleague Judy Cubiss, who recently wrote on the topic already, suggested that I should write a short blog about the event. The aim of my blog is to help guide visitors to some key sessions and activities that they “must do” whilst at the event. It has become quickly apparent that this is an easier task to say than it is to do. There are so many conference sessions, customer stories, demos, jumpstarts as well as a packed exhibition area to choose from. But I guess, that this is precisely the point, and highlights the need for such a guide to help visitors plan their event. Here then are my top 5 tips for planning your SAPinsider GRC schedule for Las Vegas next month:
- Keynote. A must see session that spans both GRC and Financials audiences. With a combination of presentation and a panel discussion there’s sure to be something of interest for everyone.
- GRC Spotlight. For GRC conference attendees this is your one-stop-shop for a high-level view across GRC topics, and the factors driving SAP’s investments and innovations. This was a terrific session last year, so I’m hoping for another great session in 2016.
- Conference Sessions. Okay, I’m cheating a bit here as I’ll mention a few sessions under just one of my five tips. But of course these are just a few sessions of many, and you can select your own by reviewing the online agenda. But here I have focused on two important GRC themes “Three Lines of Defense” and “CyberSecurity”, and of course some of the many excellent customer stories. Don’t miss:
- Customer case story sessions, including ConocoPhillips, Johnson & Johnson, Jabil and Mars among others.
- 3 unified lines of defense: Getting risk, compliance, and audit to talk to each other (see this article by the session lead, Bruce McCuaig to whet your appetite)
- How to fit SAP’s security portfolio into your company’s cybersecurity strategy
- Solution Center. A personal favorite, in part because I am part of the center organizing team. But because of this I can say with certainty that this will be time well-spent for any conference attendee who has specific product or business issues to discuss. The Solution Center team are experts in their solution-areas, and pleased to have deep conversations on a range of topics. Challenge them with your questions…I think they’d like that!
- Exhibition. A central part to the overall structure of the conference. The exhibition area will be full of conference sponsor partners as well as an SAP team. Everyone is ready and able to help answer your questions, or even to just update you on the latest product innovations. There are many demos which they have brought along to show you. The teams are there to help, inform and guide. So don’t just wander around without a plan, make sure to drop by to say “hello” to some targeted exhibitors and talk about business. You’ll soon find yourselves immersed in some interesting discussions. Probably related to the business reasons you attended the conference in the first place.
Armed with these 5 tips I hope that you are now able to define your own conference schedule action plan, so you can focus in on the things that you want to see and do at the event. Have a great time at SAPinsider GRC 2016 – and then go back to work revitalized and ready to try out lots of new ideas!
Follow these links to join us at Financials 2016 and GRC 2016