Infotype Field Change(hiding, mandatory, only output) using configuration and FEATURE(P0002) – SAP HCM
I have concluded the entire topic in forms of steps to make it easier to understand track your progress.
- Identify the field which needs to be hidden, made mandatory or output field. For example I have chosen Initial(Technical field name – INITS)
- SAP never suggest make the direct changes to the screen provided whereas system does not stop you to do this activity directly. You can make the direct changes to the screen as shown in the below screen shot ( I have made hidden) – Not preferred
4. First identify the screen which you want to make the changes.
- Go to PA20
- Take an employee and reach view the infotype PA0002
- Go to Menu bar with path system->status
d. Copy the program name and screen number
5. Go to the IMG path Personnel Management->Personnel Administration->Customizing User Interfaces->Change Screen Modifications or just run TCODE SM30 and enter the table T588M.
6. Search for your program name and screen number
7. Copy the standard screen and assign a new screen number and a variable key ( FR). The variable key will bind your new screen with the logic which you will be providing in the FEATURE- P0002.Assign P0002 feature in the feature area. Make the changes to field as hide for Initials
8. Go to transaction PE03. Provide the feature name as P0002 and go to edit mode.
9. Write your logic based on your requirement and once that is completed make the return value as same the variable value which you have provided in table T888M for screen changes.A example below.
10. Now go to PA30 and view the screen for the same employee. The initial field will not be visible along with the change in screen which can be view in system->status