Summary of Simplification offered with SAP S/4 HANA on premise edition 1511
While reading through the Simplification List for SAP S/4 HANA, on-premise edition 1511 I created a summary of key changes which I thought to share with the community..
- Master Data: Business partner is now capable of centrally manage data for customers and vendors. BP is now the single point of entry to create, edit and display master data.
The user interface for SAP S/4HANA, on premise edition 1511 is transaction BP
The specific transactions like XD01, XD02, XD03 or VD01, VD02, VD03 / XK01, XK02, XK03 or MK01, MK02, MK03 etc. are not available in SAP S/4HANA, on premise edition 1511
- Material Master Data: With SAP S/4HANA, on premise edition 1511, the maximum field length of the material number is extended from 18 to 40 characters.
- The Foreign Trade functionality as part of Sales & Distribution is not available within SAP S/4HANA. The functional equivalent in SAP S/4 HANA is SAP Global Trade Services (GTS). The below mentioned fields for Letter of Credit/ Legal control/ Export control/ Preference management in Foreign Trade is supported by GTS and not through Material Master:
- CAP product list no.
- CAP prod. Group
- Preference status
- Vendor decl. status
- Exemption Certificate
- Exemption Cert. No.
- Iss.date of ex.cert.
- Military goods
- Material type “SERV” for services is introduced for Product Master in S/4HANA for simplification purposes. When you use material type SERV, some fields and departments that are irrelevant in S/4 are hidden from the screen. This gives all transactions relevant for material master, a leaner and simplified look.
- SD Data Model: The following data model simplifications have been implemented for the SD area
Elimination of Status Tables VBUK, VBUP: Status fields have been moved to the corresponding header and item tables – VBAK and VBAP for sales documents, LIKP, and LIPS for deliveries, VBRK for billing documents
- Simplification of Document Flow table VBFA.
- Field length extension of SD document category: Data element VBTYP (Char1) has been replaced by data element VBTYPL (Char4), also: elimination of field VBTYP_EXT (Char4)
- Elimination of redundancies – Document Index Tables VAKPA , VAPMA, VLKPA, VLPMA, VRKPA, VRPMA
- Elimination of redundancies – Rebate Index Table VBOX: see simplification item SD Rebate Optimization
- The FI-AR-CR Credit Management is not available with SAP S/4HANA. The functional equivalent in is SAP Credit Management (FIN-FSCM-CR). You need to carry out a migration from FI-AR-CR to FIN-FSCM-CR.
- SD Rebate Processing replaced by Settlement Management: In general, SD Rebate Processing is not available within SAP S/4HANA. The functional equivalent in SAP S/4 HANA is SD Rebate Processing is Settlement Management.
- SAP SRM: The functional scope of SAP supplier relationship management will gradually be made available with S/4 HANA a limited functional scope is now available as compared to SAP SRM. The coverage is proposed to grow overtime and procurement solution will evolve to take over SRM functions.
- SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management: The goal is that – over time – the functional scope of SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management (SAP SLC) will be available within the SAP S/4HANA stack.
- MM-Inventory management data Model: With S/4HANA this data model has been changed significantly. The new de-normalized table MATDOC has been introduced which contains the former header and item data of a material document as well as a lot of further attributes. Material document data will be stored in MATDOC only and not anymore in MKPF and MSEG. Additionally the aggregated actual stock quantities will not be persisted anymore in the hybrid or replaced aggregation tables. Instead, actual stock quantity data will be calculated on-the-fly from the new material document table MATDOC for which some of those additional special fields are used.
- Material Ledger Obligatory for Material Valuation: This simplification makes it obligatory to use the Material Ledger in all SAP S/4HANA systems. When a system is converted to SAP S/4HANA the Material Ledger will be activated if not active already. Please take a note that though material ledger will be active for parallel valuation of inventory and other purposes it is not mandatory to activate/use actual costing.
In MM02 and MR21 material prices can now be maintained in multiple currencies. In Financials the inventory account balances are calculated separately for each currency and result therefore in a cleaner and more consistent valuation in other currencies than the local currency.
- Sales & Operations Planning (SOP) will be replaced by Integrated Business Planning IBP12. Integrated Business Planning supports all SOP features plus advanced statistical forecasting, multi-level supply planning, an optimizer, collaboration tools, an Excel-based UI, and Web-based UIs.