Customers are running more and more sophisticated methods to improve their business processes today. One of the key topics for the Utilities customers has been the integration with the GIS systems as well as provide the capabilities to display business information in SAP. SAP Geo.e & Geo.eSync Framework enables customer today to see business data (Functional Location, Equipment, Work Orders, Notification, Connection objects,..) in a map in SAP either as a point, line or polygon as well as the synchronization between GIS and SAP. Additionally to display the business data created in SAP it’s also possible to consume layers or attributes defined in GIS.
SAP Geo.e is being also a facilitator for the scenarios to converge data from IT and OT system. During the microforum at the International SAP Conference for Utilities, it will also be presented a demo scenario (IT/OT: Alert Management) developed by SAP Consulting team where we do:
- Integration of external data created from the field, simulating the behavior of sensors installed at a transformers
- The automatic creation of a new notification in Geo.e at the detection of a anomalous reading
- The creation of a new work order in order to send a crew to inspect the affected transformer
- The scheduling of the work order from Geo.e using SAP Multiresource Scheduling (MRS)
- The execution of the work order from the SAP Work Manager.
Additionally to that, we will also introduce SAP Geographical Enablement Framework that will enable in the near future all the HANA customers to see all the business data and GIS data in the SAP. If you want to know more about how Geo.e, Geo.eSync Framework and SAP Geographical Enablement Framework please follow me on the microforum, taking place on Tuesday, April 12th at 13:05 and on April 13th at 10:00.
If you want to know more about the experience of Loudoun Water during the implementation of Geo.e and Geo.eSync Framework don’t miss this session:
Geoenabling the Enterprise – Implementation of SAP Geographical Enablement Framework at Loudoun Water, which is part of the Digitalized Assets track, and will take place on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 from 14:30 to 15:15.