We are continuously improving the functionality of Business ByDesign. In case our Support detects a general issue which affects most of our customer systems and whose solution cannot wait until the next release, we trigger the immediate creation and implementation of a software correction.
For the creation of a software correction we follow the below standard process:
- You as the partner or the customer report the issue in an incident.
- Our development identifies and reports the need for a general software correction.
- We verify the need and feasibility of the correction in a multistep approval procedure.
- After the successful approval, our development creates the software correction.
- As soon as this is completed, we inform you about the estimated deployment date.
- Now we validate the functionality, security and compatibility of the correction within a comprehensive series of tests. After the successful completion the software can be released.
- We deploy the software correction into all customer systems. This happens during a regular downtime, as part of a support package with a specific patch version.
- Where possible we verify that the correction has solved your issue, and inform you about the successful implementation.
Good to know: The report Software History provides information about all patch collections implemented into your system. You find this report in the Work Centres Home and Application and User Management.