How does the Software Correction / Hotfix Process work?
We are continuously improving the functionality of Business ByDesign. In case our Support detects a general issue which affects most of our customer systems and whose solution cannot wait until the next release, we trigger the immediate creation and implementation of a software correction.
For the creation of a software correction we follow the below standard process:
- You as the partner or the customer report the issue in an incident.
- Our development identifies and reports the need for a general software correction.
- We verify the need and feasibility of the correction in a multistep approval procedure.
- After the successful approval, our development creates the software correction.
- As soon as this is completed, we inform you about the estimated deployment date.
- Now we validate the functionality, security and compatibility of the correction within a comprehensive series of tests. After the successful completion the software can be released.
- We deploy the software correction into all customer systems. This happens during a regular downtime, as part of a support package with a specific patch version.
- Where possible we verify that the correction has solved your issue, and inform you about the successful implementation.
Good to know: The report Software History provides information about all patch collections implemented into your system. You find this report in the Work Centres Home and Application and User Management.
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.