How to avoid/solve 20% of your Webi Incidents ! – Webi Reports – Create Report Copy
To exclude e.g. cache errors for a specific Web Intelligence document, create a copy from the original report. This very easy troubleshooting test is recommended every time, when you are experiencing error with a specific Webi document.
When should you do this check?
E.g. Web Intelligence document gets corrupted and returns error at opening or editing. Other reports work without any error.
- Select the corrupted Webi report – right click – Organize – Copy
- Select the a destination folder – right click – Organize – Paste
- With these steps you are creating a new entity with a new ID/CUID in the BI environment
1. Login in to BI Launch pad.
2. Select the corrupted Webi report – right click – Organize – Copy
3. Select the a destination folder – right click – Organize – Paste
How to become more professional?
- Troubleshooting by Scenario (check Opening Web Intelligence Document Problems)
- To learn more about Web Intelligence report cache settings, please read the Business Intelligence Platform Administrator Guide (topic: Web Intelligence Processing Server properties). Source for BI 4.1 product guides
- Troubleshooting steps locally on your client machine are described in SAP KBA 1186276 – How do you clear the web browser cache and Java plug-in cache?
- Troubleshooting steps locally on BI server:
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.