I had been exploring various options on the groups, tiles, and the resetting feature for the last couple of days, so I thought I should share the steps on how to reset groups with everyone, and I will explain this with a simple scenario.
For example, You gave access to couple users to Group A, and after couple of days you added a new app to this Group A, then launchpad should automatically display the new app to users, however if a user personalizes the same group by adding/removing a tile from group, or by rearranging the tiles, then that user will not see the new app that is added by the admin, and that is because a user-specific personalization is created in the backend the minute user personalizes the group.
To display the new app in the group you have two options:
- In the Fiori launchpad user can click personalize and then select reset.
- Administrators can reset the personalized groups for all the users using a development tool.
In this blog I will explain you how to reset the personalized groups for all the users using a development tool.
For example, user BPINST has access to group SAP_SD_BCG_FIELDSALESREP_X1, and then we added a new tile to this group, and the new app is not displayed on BPINST’s launchpad and that is because he personalized this group by rearranging this tiles. Follow the below steps to reset the group:
1. Login to your front end server and run transaction /UI2/FLC
2. Enter the Software Component of the group which you are trying to reset i.e. UIX01EAP and then click execute. You can execute it without entering the Software Component as well.
3. Filter the output to the specific Group SAP_SD_BCG_FIELDSALESREP_X1
4. Copy the Main WD Config Key
5. Start the Web Dynpro application wd_analyze_config_user either by running tcode SE84 or by directly going to the link below.
6. Paste the WD config Key which we copied in the previous step, and then click Display.
7. It will display the list of all the users who personalized this group (SAP_SD_BCG_FIELDSALESREP_X1) in the Launchpad.
8. Select the user and click Delete to reset the user-specific personalized group.
User will now see the new app in the SAP Fiori Launchpad.
Note: You will see this issue only when you enable users to personalize their group.