Migration Projects:- Db2 to Teradata for Webi 4.0 reports
I this post I would be sharing few facts and information related to the Webi Reports whose Sqls are migrated from Db2 to Teradata.
This Project involved multiple reporting tools (Non Sap as well).But lets discuss about SAP Business Objects:-
It involved Converting the Db2 – Sql Syntaxes of the existing objects in the Universes to ‘TERADATA’ standards,followed by repointing the given set
of reports to the Teradata pointing universes.
Then Fixing the errors caused due to it in the Webi reports.Finally checking for the “Data Validation” across the reports.
by “Manual testing”(Automated tools are also available).
Steps taken for the Universe related activities:
- Connection layer was repointed to Teradata
- Test the connection and fix the errors occured.
- Publish the connection layer
- Repoint the data foundation layer source to the Teradata connection
- Refresh the table structure
- Identify the table level errors and fix them
- Check for the missing Columns or datatype issues involved
- Identify the derived table
- Modify the derived table queries according to the Teradata standards.
- Check the object definition for the DB2 syntax and convert them to TD syntax
- Check the integrity
- Identify any issues thrown on integrity check
- Publish the universe to the repository.
Steps taken in the Reporting side:-
- Ensure the Report is pointed to the corresponding universe which is repointed to TD environment
- Identify the reports having Custom SQL
- Convert the DB2 SQL Syntaxes to Teradata standards.
- Refresh the report and identify the errors if thrown.
- Fix the errors if it is related to DB2 to Teradata code conversion.
- Refresh the reports,identify the errors occured.
- Check the data providers to know the the sources and multiple universes involved,
- Check for report structure/Layout and ensure that basic properties of the report matches with the source.
- Verify Break applied on columns; break properties and priorities.
- Publish the reports to the repository
Till then Happy Learning…………………. 😀