For many companies sustainability is a standalone department that is separate from the core business strategy. Due to lack of system level implementation of change, companies fail to integrate sustainability in their core business model. This is essential in order to create more value across various capitals including environmental, social and financial capital.
Digital Media is Evolving – Be the First One to Accept This Change
We all need to withstand the evolving digital landscape. Some of the essentials that are required to sustain the ever changing digital world are suggested below:
- Mobile matters more. With the recent launch of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) by Google, it is evident that everyday new users are flocking into mobile devices. Hence, having a responsive and mobile friendly website is essential.
- Blogging has become an indispensable channel for the businesses to connect with their audiences. Having a blog is crucial. If you are still thinking of how to start a blog then you are already late. Blogs and social media goes hand to hand in educating the consumers and obtaining feedback from them.
- Videos are taking over static content. Thanks to wider availability of lightning-fast internet (and smaller screens that favor video over text), video content is becoming preferred and more popular among publishers.
- Native advertising is set to rule the advertising world. LinkedIn is set to become one of most sought after digital advertising channel partners.
- Classified ads sites are booming making way for classifieds ads only search engines like Adswish. Technology is playing a key role in user decision making.
- Virtual reality is evolving and will continue to evolve. The Oculus Rift is changing for the better.
SAP Jam Collaboration – Leveraging Expertise and Facilitating Collaboration
The SAP SuccessFactors Learning solution is a great a way to help employees learn in a more engaged and collaborative manner and aid towards a more productive and a more sustainable model.
This enterprise social collaboration software brings together everything (and everyone) you need to solve problems quickly and drive results. It is essential to streamline the key business processes and SAP helps to connect employees, improve information sharing, drive decision making and collaborate externally.
Sweeten the Deal with Purpose Driven Work
It has been proved that there is no correlation between income level and job satisfaction. The concept of purpose-driven work is increasingly correlated with professional fulfillment.
Purpose driven organizations are more sustainable in the longer run. Building positive and meaningful relationships, achieving continued professional and personal growth, defining personal values, retaining the talent etc are all ingredients of a purpose driven organization.
You can also conduct “Treasure hunts” to identify untapped opportunities to reduce waste and energy use and facilitate employee reward and recognition programs.
Sustainability is good for businesses both as a long-term strategy to improve employee confidence, and as a short term response to government legislation.