The end of maintenance for Analysis Office 1.4 is scheduled for June 2016. Please make sure that you upgrade your 1.4 release to the current 2.3 release until then. We don’t recommend an upcoming go-live with release 1.4 at this point in time.
Release 2.3 has a lot of advantages over 1.4:
- New features like Table Design, formula editor, restricted measures (on both HANA and BW)
- New settings framework (setting filed-based) – no need for registry authorizations anymore!
- New HANA connectivity (http) that extends hierarchy features on native HANA and SSO
- Coexistent Analysis and EPM content in same workbook
- Support of specific BPC embedded features (e.g. work status, Business Process Flow)
- Support of Office 2016 and much more
Note that release 2.3 requires the following infrastructure:
- MS Office 2010 or higher, .NET 4.5 or higher
- HANA SP9 or higher (if connecting to native HANA)
The effort for the upgrade is rather low in most cases.
- You will have to migrate the native HANA connections from ODBC to http connection type (there’s a migration wizard for the workbook).
- And you might have to migrate your settings from a registry-based framework to a setting file-based framework.
- Manual effort is required if you refer to the add-in name in your VBA code (name of add-in has changed).
Find more information in SAP note 2275352.