Usage Analysis for Business Process Analytics & Dashboards
In recent years we got again and again asked by customers whether it would be possible to track how intensive Business Process Analytics and Business Process Operations Dashboards are used by the user community to which it was rolled-out. As of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 support package 14, this kind of usage analysis is available. This functionality will allow you to track, that you did not just activate another SAP Solution Manager functionality, but that this functionality is really used operationally.
If you access the Maintain BPO Reporting Infrastructure section from within your Business Process Operations work center, then you see a new tab strip Usage Analysis.
First you get an overview about the number of times that Business Process Analytics / Business Process Operations Dashboards got executed within a given time frame.
Then you get to see the top 5 users that executed the respective application most often.
After this you get detailed sections per application. In those sections you can also see which key figures were executed when.
Then comes a section where you can see which key figures have been executed most/least often (no matter if the key figure was accessed via Analytics or Dashboard(s). You can also run an optional analysis if key figures exist where the data collection was activated, but where the collected data was never consumed so far.
The last section allows to check for a historic trend for a single selected key figure.
You can find all necessary information about Business Process Analytics in this document. More information on Business Process Improvement for SAP solutions can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions about Business Process Monitoring and Business Process Analytics are answered under http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Monitoring and
The following blogs (in chronological order) provide further details about Business Process Analytics and Business Process Monitoring functionalities within the SAP Solution Manager.
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – ALE / IDoc Monitoring
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – qRFC Monitoring
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Manufacturing
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Procure to Pay
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Order to Cash
- Typical Use Cases for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager
- New key figure catalog for Business Process Monitoring available
- Why SAP offers different tools for Business Process Monitoring & Business Process Optimization
- Create your own auto-reaction messages in Business Process Monitoring via BAdI exit
- Protect your SAP ERP investment & improve your core business processes
- Create your own customer-specific key figure for Business Process Monitoring within 5 minutes
- Best Practice: BW Process Chain monitoring with SAP Solution Manager – Part 1
- New key figures for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager, especially for CRM Marketing
- New functionality “Business Process Analytics” – how to improve your business processes
- New key figures for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager, especially Lead Time measurements
- Traditional Business KPI approach vs Business Process Monitoring
- Systematic errors vs real exceptions or improving efficiency vs effectiveness
- Before you get started with SAP HANA…you should also consider cleaning-up your backend system first
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for CRM Sales
- Business Process Operations dashboards – ALL AT A GLANCE
- Customer testimonials on Business Process Analytics
- Customer Exit: Create your own key figure for BPMon AND Business Process Analytics
- Heads-up: Setup environment of BPMon & Analytics changes with SolMan 7.1 SP5
- New key figures for BPMon & BP Analytics, especially for working capital improvement
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – BPMon Alert Reporting Analysis
- New Business Process Analytics features with SAP SolMan 7.1 SP5
- New Business Process Analytics – The filter sequence makes the difference
- New key figures: Analyzing/Monitoring exceptions during delivery due processing
- New key figure: Analyzing/Monitoring exceptions during billing due processing
- Enhanced key figures: Analyzing/monitoring SD invoices not transferred to FI
- New key figures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions in CRM Sales or Service documents, Business Activities or Tasks
- New keyfigures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions from APO planning runs
- New key figures for BPMon & BP Analytics – new exception and automation rate key figures for ERP plus new content for FSCM, APO and CRM
- New key figures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions during Period End Closing
- New key figures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions in Controlling (CO-PC)
- Enhanced key figures: Bridging the organizational gap between SD and FI-AR
- Business Process Analytics: Types of key figures and their respective use cases
- Business Process Analytics: Types of functions and their respective features & purposes
- New key figures for BPMon & BP Analytics – new content for Travel & Expense Management, Banking and Utilities
- SAP Business Process Analytics” available for download in Apple’s App Store
- Discrete manufacturing: Mapping BP Analytics key figures to system status
- New key figures for BPMon & Analytics – new content for vendor invoice processing (e.g. Shared Service Center scenarios) and new delta throughput for Order to Cash
- Business Process Analytics: ad-hoc and real time with or without SAP HANA
- New landing page for “Business Process Improvement for SAP solutions”
- New KPI Catalog available in the cloud – Part 1
- New KPI Catalog available in the cloud – Part 2
- New with 7.1 SP14: Dependency Diagrams (KPI trees)
- Virtual characteristics in Business Process Operations dashboards
We just updated our Solman 7.1 support patches from SP8 to now SP16. I noticed that we have the Business Process Reporting Infrastructure Maintenance tab with Usage Analysis. What are the specific user authorizations and roles that I need to maintain this new or updated functionality? I'd like to take advantage of using BP Analysis and Reporting to show the apps teams more value with Solman. Please assist?
the authorization for this is depending on authroization object
I think you can only access the usage analysis if you have all activites for this object assinged, i.e. you have a configurator role.