Serial Number Replacement
If RF ID has scanned wrong Serial number for a FG material, then the procedure to replace it with new serial number is as below
1) Change the production order using CO02 transaction.
2) Click on header and Select Serial numbers.
3) Replace the Serial Number XXXX117571059 with new serial number XXXX12073
Click on OK and Press Save
4) Execute the IB52 transaction. Give the Ibase number 1205105 and press Enter
5) Replace the Serial Number XXXX117571059 with new serial number XXXX12073 and Press Save
Note: If you want to confirm the production order with new serial number without changing the serial number of components that are already backflushed
Please do the below steps before confirming the production order.
Execute the IB52 Transaction, give the Ibase number and press Enter.
Click on the FG material
Click on activate icon twice to deactivate and activate it
Also, click on the Component
Click on Activate icon twice to deactivate and activate it. Click on Save and IBase is changed successfully.
All the GI components are assigned to the new serial number from old Serial number database
Thanks SriRamm for sharing your knowledge.