What’s New with Enhancement Package 8 (SAP IS-U)
EHP 8 for SAP ERP 6.0 contains several enhancements for Meter Data Management.
By using the new product features, you can benefit from easier implementation of new smart metering requirements in your customer projects and from reduced integration efforts for your Advanced Metering Infrastructure.
As an important enhancement, meter reading profiles (e.g. with values every 15 minutes), can now be processed by SAP Energy Data Management. High volumes of equidistant meter reading values can be converted into equidistant consumption values using the scalable Calculation Workbench.
Your users will profit from improved productivity and flexibility:
The creation and maintenance of master data in SAP Energy Data Management can be further automated by using the master data template. Different profile versions can be used by simply copying values from the old version to the current version.
Here’s an overview of the product features:
- Reduced Advanced Metering Infrastructure integration efforts through simplified master data synchronization
- Device enhancement option for adding customer-specific fields to the device master data
- New mass activity for EDM Calculation
- Quantity determination based on EDM meter reading profiles (equidistant time series)
- New master data template category to generate and assign EDM profiles
- Possibility to use different profile versions for subsequent processes by simply copying profile versions
For more information, please take a look at the innovation Meter Data Management-related enhancements for SAP for Utilities solution in Innovation Discovery or access the Release Notes on the SAP Help Portal.
- Direct link to innovation
- Link to Release Notes on SAP Help Portal