This Document is useful for beginners which described how to create simple Dashboard using Design Studio. The dashboard is created using BICS OLAP Connection (BI Platform) on Bex Query. It is assume that OLAP connection is created with BI server and Bex query is accessible via BICS connections.
1) Open Design Studio and Logon to SAP Business object BI Platform.
(Note: You need to put web service URL as http://<Host>:<port>/dswsbobje/services/Session?wsdl to login in BI Enterprise, refer below screen shot.)
2) Create new Blank Application (Click on Application then New in Menu bar)
3) Now we get BO Design Environment which consist of four blocks, refer below screen shot.
- Application Canvas: Application canvas is the area which can use to build application and it does automatically adjust to your screen resolution.
- Components: The Components area contains all available components that can be used as part of application. The Components are grouped into three categories that are Analytic Components, Basic Components, and Container Components.
- Outline: The Outline provides a hierarchical view of all the elements that are used in your application, such as data sources, charts, and tables.
- Properties: The Properties window shows always the properties of the selected component.
4) Add Data source: write click on Data sources folder under outline window then Add Data Source, Data source selection window will appear, Brows BICS Connection and BEx Query and click on OK.
5) Edit Initial View: write click on created Data source(DS_2) and Edit Initial View where we can arrange/ser initial view of BEx report as per requirement. We can drag and drop dimension and Keyfigure, put filter or initial filter value on it.
6) Drag and drop Cross Table component on application canvas and select Data source property as DS_2
7) Like Cross Table, drag and drop chart component and assign Data source.
8) Now take ‘dimension Filter’ and select Data source and dimension on which filter can be put, In this doc we will take 0Calmonth.
9) Now Execute the Report. It will display data in Cross Table and Column chart and the same value can be filter by month selection.