It’s always been a key ambition of SAP’s global support organization to help its customers realize critical business outcomes. Now it can become a reality: a selection of four innovative tools can help SAP customers in various ways to realize the value from their SAP investment; all of them aim to deliver insight on key customer questions and can help to identify business and IT opportunities relevant to their company.
In this way they help customers to realize value from their support and maintenance contract; some of them also deliver a simple and holistic report about benefits realized from SAP services and solutions. This blog post helps you understand better which tool to use for what purpose.
Identify improvement potentials:
SAP Enterprise Support Opportunity Report (ESO)
- Helps to uncover operational improvement areas, and to identify best practices and IT strategies that generate tangible value for customers.
- Benchmarks from industry peers help identify individual improvement potentials. There are thousands of measurements from SAP customers across all industries available.
- The report organizes KPIs by Line of Business in which SAP solutions are adopted, and executive roles (CFO, CEO, CIO, etc).
- The individual report uses already existing support and system information from the customer (e.g. specific business application performance from the customers SAP systems) and thereby measures actual customer performance.
Get individual innovation recommendations:
a. Innovation Discovery
- A powerful tool that allows to intuitively browse and search for SAP innovations, e.g. delivered with SAP Enhancement Packages or Feature Packs
- In order to get a more personalized view of available innovations and features customers can map innovation data to their system landscape by using SAP EarlyWatch Alert data out of their productive SAP Business Suite systems.
b. Business Scenario Recommendations for SAP S/4HANA (BSR for SAP S/4HANA)
- Shows how customers can benefit from SAP S/4HANA breakthrough innovation and transform their company’s specific business scenarios.
- Recommendations are provided according to Line of Business supported by SAP solutions adopted by customer
- It outlines how currently used transactions can be improved and proposes new simplified business scenarios enabled by SAP S/4HANA, along with potential benefits, value drivers and innovations.
c. Fiori App Library
- The library allows you to browse through all available SAP Fiori Apps
- Easily access the functional description, installation and configuration information
SAP’s value assessment tools are a best practice for outcome engineering
In 2015’s Technology Services World (TSW) conference TSIA’s executive director, Thomas Lah, explained in detail how outcome engineering drives revenue growth. He also reviewed lessons learned from companies that have been working on engineering customer outcomes.
During his keynote Thomas talks about SAP’s customer value experience as an industry best practice for outcome engineering from SAP’s Global Service and Support organization with joint efforts from SAP Maintenance Go-To-Market and SAP ES&PE delivery teams.
To properly guide customers down the right path to success, he emphasized the importance to first gain a deeper understanding of customer’s goals and make sure they’re able to find value with your solution by achieving their desired business outcomes. To achieve this the right methodology and tools are vital – some of the tools we just introduced in this blog. The keynote is available on youtube, starting at 29:20 you can see Thomas talk about SAP best practices including the SAP Enterprise Support opportunity report (ESO):