How to Find SAP Notes
SAP notes provide clarification on issues that occur in the code or documentation of a product. You can use them to find out how to work around issues affecting a particular release.
When should I use SAP Notes?
- You’re considering whether to upgrade your system. Look up the SAP notes for the product version so you can plan around any issues impacting it.
- You’re seeing new error messages after upgrading your system. Look up SAP notes with the error message to find out how to work around the issue.
- You’re stuck on a particular task even after reading the documentation. Look up SAP notes for the product that may include information missing from the documentation.
- You’re just not sure a feature is working correctly. Look up SAP notes with a feature keyword to find any information about reported issues and how to resolve them.
Where can I find SAP notes?
- Go to the Support Portal.
- Select Knowledge Base & Incidents from the menu at the top of the screen, then SAP Note & Knowledge Base Article Search.
- Click the Launch the SAP Note and KBA search button.
- Enter the product name in the Search Term field to find all notes for that product.
- Alternatively, if you know the number of the note you’re looking for, type it in the Number field in the top right corner.
6. If you need to narrow down your search results, include the Product Version.
Let us know!
What has your experience been with SAP notes?
Have you had issues looking them up? Do you find the content helpful or do you think it could be improved?
Feel free to post any comments or feedback about SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise SAP notes.