It’s a new year, and that means licensing updates!
We have simplified our license model to make it easier to understand, while still keeping the core components.
We have even provided a little bonus to customers that own the BI Suite license – you will now benefit automatically from runtime licenses of SAP Data Integrator, SAP IQ, and SAP Power Designer!
No license conversions are needed. Simply go to Service Marketplace and download your new software.
- 8 cores of SAP IQ
- 8 cores of SAP Data Integrator
- 1 concurrent session of SAP PowerDesiger, Edge edition
These are not full use licenses, so be sure to read the Software Use Rights to understand the restrictions. In short:
- SAP Data Integrator cannot be clustered
- SAP IQ runtime is limited to access by and through the SAP BusinessObjects BI Suite and SAP Predictive Analytics
Note that there is no new version of the BI Platform required to leverage this. No software upgrades are needed.
Those of you that own a similar sounding license called the ‘BA&T SAP BusinessObjects BI Suite’ will need to execute a license conversion to benefit from these new components.
We are also introducing a simpler version of the BI Suite called the ‘SAP BusinessObjects BI Reporting’ license. This includes Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports and the BI Platform only, and is intended for reporting-focused deployments.
We are removing some little used license from our price list:
- The ‘Analytics Editions’ that were a special bundle of the BusinessObjects BI Suite + SAP IQ + SAP Data Integrator + SAP PowerDesigner
- The restricted use ‘SAP BusinessObjects BI Suite for SAP Applications’
- The component model that allowed customers to purchase any of the individual BusinessObjects client tools
Customers that own any of these retired products are not impacted. You can continue to use these licenses and purchase more licenses from that license model.
Finally, it’s important to remind everyone that our license metrics are unchanged. We continue to offer our BI software with the following metrics:
- The named user (NU) metric for users that need guaranteed access to the software, or for users that need to use most of the desktop software products.
- The concurrent session based license (CSBL) for casual users. This applies to the server components and Analysis for Office.
- The new public document metric for publicly sharing BI documents on the internet.
For more information, please read the licensing FAQ here.
GM of Data Discovery