Intercompany Stock Transfer
In the below blog i am going to cover a simple inter-company stock transfer scenario which is used to purchase/transfer stock from your partner companies in order to fulfill your demand.
By reading this document you will see an example on how you can set this scenario on your system, how you will execute it, and related scenarios.
2. Master Data
3. Executing the Scenario
4. Known Issue
5. Related Scenario
In Scoping, the following topics must be activated in following order
- The Sell Standard Products business topic in the Product and Service Portfolio for Sales business package.
- The Sales Orders business topic in the Selling Products and Services business package.
- In the Purchase Requests business topic of the Purchase Request and Order Management business package, the scoping question Do you want purchase orders to be created automatically from purchase requests? has been answered with Yes.
- You have to select the Purchasing Between Partner Companies business topic.
2. Master Data
- Sending and receiving companies should be defined in your org structure.
- The Products which you will use are activated for Sales and Purchasing on both companies.
- A Valid contract or list price for one or more suppliers from which the product can be delivered has been created in the Sourcing and Contracting
- The product is assigned to a product category for which automatic purchase order creation is activated which is done in the Purchase Requests and Orders work center (Define Automatic Creation of Purchase Orders common task).
- When you create a company on your system, you have a resultant business partner, which has the roles Account and Supplier.
the output channel Internal EDX must be set for the following business documents in the Business Partner Data work center, on the Communication tab page, under Collaboration
- For customer, you need to set the Internal EDX option for the fields “Sales Order Confirmation”, “Advanced Shipping Notification Outbound” and “Customer Invoice/Credit Memo”.
3. Executing the scenario
Your company purchase XX ea of the product ABC from your partner company
1. Create a purchase order at your company with purchasing unit and employee responsible from your company, partner company as supplier.
2. This inturn will create a sales order automatic at your partner company as shown below.
3. Release the sales order creating a sales order confirmation. A corresponding purchase order acknowledgement is created automatic.
Sales order status changes to In-process from Open.
Purchase Order status changes to Acknowledgment Received from Sent.
4. your partner company will create and release the outbound delivery. ( The actual delivery process is initiated to full-fill your company demand)
Note : Your company automatically gets an advanced shipping notification in the form of an inbound delivery notification as a follow-up of above action.
5. You will create an inbound delivery to confirm the receipt of actual delivery to your company.
6. Your partner company will invoice you for the actual delivery of the goods with customer invoice and this in-turn will create supplier invoice automatic at your company enabling to pay your partner.
4. Known Issues
1. The communication arrangement maintained in the supplier/account is Internal EDX which has a special handling due to which the status remain as Pending in output history of all related document such as sales order, purchase order, customer invoice etc.
2. Once the sales order is released for confirmation from partner company, any update to purchase order at your company will not update the sales order at partner company.
3. List price is mandatory for successful creation of sales order at partner company.
Note : Customer specific price list has more priority when compared to base price list
5. Related Scenario
Intercompany Third-party Scenario
Third-party Intercompany Scenario
Intercompany Project Time and Expense Scenario