SAP Announces New Manufacturing Suite for Connected Manufacturing
SAP Announces SAP Manufacturing Execution Suite 15.1
This suite of products compromised of SAP Manufacturing Execution (ME) 15.1, SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (MII) 15.1 featuring SAP Plant Connectivity (PCo) 15.1 significantly enhances SAP’s ability to offer manufacturers advanced solutions enabling Industry 4.0 and facilitating their digital transformation journey.
SAP Manufacturing Execution Suite 15.1 closes the loop between the Internet of Things and Manufacturing Operations. Industry 4.0 innovations can be realized through integration of business processes to factory floor applications, machine to machine interoperability and links of enterprise demand with real time operations. By integrating manufacturing results with real-time feeds into enterprise backend systems, companies can enable the ability to orchestrate, control and manage their global operation processes – driving predictive analytics into operations for cost control, improved quality, asset optimization and increased production.
With this release, SAP Manufacturing Execution Suite is now available on SAP HANA – leveraging our end-to-end Extended Supply Chain solution’s value-added benefits directly within manufacturing and the overall enterprise.
SAP Manufacturing Execution (ME) 15.1
- Leverage seamless, out-of-the-box SAP ERP integration
- Control the production of every single unit to boost product quality
- Ensure regulatory compliance with unit-level traceability, genealogy, and reporting
- Run flexible production process modeling – no programming required
- Improve nonconformance management, from in-line sampling to visual testing and repair
- Give operators role-specific MES access, personalized dashboards, and intuitive mobile and browser-based UIs
- High flexibility and extensibility and pure SOA based architecture
Benefit from the following innovations:
NEW: Simplified manufacturing reporting with Self Service Composition Environment (SSCE)
NEW: Sub-steps added typically representing a list of tasks or activities to be completed
NEW: Enhanced mass deployment capabilities
NEW: Strengthened Production Operator Dashboard (POD) for semi-automated environment reducing operator interactions
NEW: Supports multiple browsers such as IE, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome
SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (MII) 15.1 and SAP Plant Connectivity (PCo) 15.1
Connecting your people, assets, operations, and enterprise is essential to building smarter products with smart machines, driving real-time insights from the enterprise, and improving manufacturing collaboration across the extended supply chain.
With SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence, you can:
- Boost the productivity of personnel by delivering actionable information where they work
- Contextualize the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) for business value
- Gain enterprise-wide insights from real time event processing and big data analytics
- Provide intelligence and performance with event processing at the edge of plant connectivity
- Improve the utilization of energy and gain insights into poorly performing assets
- Sync the shop floor to SAP ERP business processes out-of-the-box
- Deliver rapid ROI by implementing in as few as 90 to 120 days
Benefit from the following innovations:
NEW: Simplify manufacturing reporting with SSCE
NEW: Enhancing operational visibility with 3D file integration
NEW: IoT support of additional destination with remote PCo notification
NEW: Energy monitoring and analysis
NEW: Simplified configuration for OEE, OEE reporting using Lumira, and PM integration
For more information, see www.sap.com/manufacturing.
Mike Lackey Veronika Schmid-Lutz
VP Extended Supply Chain Chief Product Owner
Solution Management Manufacturing
How does the sap Me / MII roadmap look like?
How can this be seen in combination with the s4Hana developments?