HeidelbergCement: ERP in 4 months at 70 distribution centers
When it comes to helping India build a foundation for growth, HeidelbergCement India does its part by delivering more than 4 million tons of cement per year. The company implemented ERP in just 4 months and now its 70 warehouses quickly and reliably manage orders, reimburse discounts and deliver cement on time to happy customers.
What were the original business objectives?
- Provide distribution depots with a robust, simple solution for remote-order and supply management.
- Minimize business and legal risks associated with data quality and reliability
- Give sales management a platform to improve forecasting and increase sales
- Provide the flexibility to support customers from any warehouse
- Support goods receipt, goods issue, real-time inventory tracking, and delivery at remote depots with transparency and accountability across every transaction.
What are the benefits?
- Four months to implement at 70 distribution warehouses
- Increase in revenue, t hanks to visibility into daily sales totals that helps actively manage sites
- Fewer stock outages and more accurate inventory management, thanks to real-time stock information at all depots
- Improvement in customer satisfaction now that payments are posted in the customer ledger in real time
- Huge time savings for sales and finance, thakns to process automation
- Higher sales handled without increasing staff
To see the story – click here.
For more stories about how cement and concrete companies are improving their business using digital approaches – click here.
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.