Do we need a cloud or mobile solution?
With all the hypes in the technology arena for the cloud, customers are being misled into believing that it is wise and it is the now the right time to move to cloud solutions. Whereas the reality is the need for mobile solution. What is needed is a solution which can be accessed from all devices (Desktop/Handheld devices, etc.). The most important reasons for customers to consider cloud-based computing:
- Fast implementation time, providing quick access to functionality
- If and only if the customers sticks to the offered solution with minimal space for individual customer’s needs
- Reduced IT efforts because both hardware and software operation and maintenance are the provider’s responsibility
- Agree – But did customers really calculated the cost
- Flexibility due to subscription rather than licensing contracts and “pay-what-you-use” concepts
- Most of the time, customers end up paying per employee instead of per user. Strategies are built to make the customer to believe it is not over billing.
- Scalability to support changing business needs and supporting growth
- Just selling pitch
There is a need for accessing data from any device, any time and any place. Customers need to analyze the real need for moving into cloud rather than following the trend and myths.