Platform BOE 4.1 on Windows
There is a limit of 90 characters for the SI_Name of an object to be translated using Translation Manager.
When an object is first published to BOE, the name of the object in the input filestore is set to a combination of the internal ids of object in the CMS database. When the object is exported from translation manager back to the CMS, the name of the object in the filestore becomes the si_name of the object and the guid.
If the si_name exceeds the 90 character limit, the filename in the CMS will not match the name of the file in the input FRS. When a user tries to run the report, the report can not be accessed and the object appears to be corrupt.
If this happens,
- go to the filepath shown under the object properties and get the file
You may need another resource to get the file if you do not have access to the server
- Open the object in the design tool
- Republish the object to the CMS.
- Before using Translation Manager, shorten the name to be less than 90 characters.
- DO NOT DELETE the un-accessible object until it has been republished.