Smart Water moves into the Focus
Electric utilities are focusing on the Smart Grid already since quite a while, but “Smart Water” is now catching up. At the 2016 International SAP Conference for Utilities in The Hague we therefore offer the workshop “Smart Water – How Water Utilities Benefit from the Internet of Things”. We will present and discuss the results of the international iWIDGET project, that examined a broad range of use cases – from lowering energy consumption to avoiding water losses to influencing consumer behavior. We will also demonstrate how these use cases can be realized with the latest technology, including in-memory computing, predictive analytics, and data streaming.
During the conference there will also be a variety of break-out session given by the following water utilities:
- Farys from Belgium: “Innovation Foundation with SAP HANA and Mobility Toward SAP S/4HANA”
- Thames Water from UK: “New Business Models with Cloud Development”
- Gelsenwasser from Germany: “Focusing on the Customer with SAP Multichannel Foundation”
- EPM from Columbia: “Revenue Intelligence Using SAP HANA – Detection and Management of Fraud and Theft of Electricity, Water, and Gas”
- Loudoun Water from the US: “Geoenabling the Enterprise – Implementation of SAP Geographical Enablement Framework”
In addition there are of course many presentations that are of interest for electric, gas and water utilities alike, for example the keynote on the “Digital Disruption in the Utilities Industry”.
We hope you join us at the conference and especially the Smart Water workshop.