In a nutshell, there are five components in SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform (LS4BIP):
1) Lumira Server
2) Scheduling Services
3) Restful Web Services
4) Web Application.
5) Mobile Web Applications (SAP Lumira 1.29 and later)
The prerequisites for these components are as follows:
#1 requires “Platform Processing Service” (APS) in BI Platform
#2 requires “Platform Scheduling Service” (AJS) in BI Platform
#3 requires “Restful Web Services” (WACS) in BI Platform
#4 requires the BI Platform web-tier (Tomcat and BOE.war)
#5 requires “Web Applications” and “Mobile Web Applications” on all web-tier servers
LS4BIP contains an in-memory calculation engine called “Velocity” and we highly recommend that LS4BIP is installed on a dedicated server with at least 16GB of memory.
1) On a new computer, install the same version of BI Platform (BI 4.1 SP5) as is installed in your already existing environment.
2) Choose Custom/Expand option to cluster this server with the other servers.
3) Choose “Platform Processing Service”, “Platform Scheduling Service” and “Restful Web Service”. After the installation completes, you should have three new BI Platform servers in the landscape: APS, AJS and WACS.
4) Install LS4BIP on the new server; in the install options choose “Lumira Server”. “Scheduling Service” and “Restful Web Services”.
5) After LS4BIP install completes, you’ll have a new “Lumira Server” in your BI Platform landscape. All the Lumira document processing will be handled by this server machine, and it won’t impact the performance on the existing machines.
6) Install LS4BIP “Web Applications” on your web-tier servers. This is to add the Lumira document viewer and other front-end components to the existing BOE.war. If you have two or more web-tier servers, you will need to run LS4BIP install on all of them and choose “Web Applications” only. Doing this results in the installer re-deploying the BOE.war file.
7) After all the installation are completed, please restart the entire BI Platform to make sure the CMS repositories are updated. This is a required step for LS4BIP installation.
For more detailed information see the SAP Lumira, server for BI Platform Installation and Administration Guide
Business Objects Enterprise Edge standard or pro license keys do not support clustered environments.