Sakari: Mining for Real-time Financial Control with SAP and ASG
Operating two thermal coal mines in Indonesia, Australia based Sakari Recourse is a top-ranked coal mining company in Asia. To managed its complex billion-dollar business, Sakari Resources engaged the ASG Group to implement and support an SAP Business All in One solution. The goal was to apply a digital mining platform to the finance side of the house – to optimize the mining business performance
- Real time information
- A controlled IT environment
- Integrated financial processes
All of this helped increase margins and make Sakari a top financial reporter on the Singapore exchange.
So what were the company’s business objectives?
- Implement an IT platform to handle transactions in multiple currencies and to satisfy reporting requirements for multiple countries and stock exchanges
- Provide consistent and consolidated real-time reporting
- Track expenditures from mining operations through customer delivery
- Follow best practices to control the IT environment, including authorization hierarchy
And what are some of the benefits?
- Timely financial data for a top financial reporter ranking on the Singapore Exchange (SGX)
- Best-practice controls and authorization hierarchy for a more controlled IT environment
- Integration of financial and accounting systems with the treasury system for efficient management of working capital
- Integration of budgeting process with cost centers and accounts for more accurate and transparent budgeting and variance reporting.
Click here To see the full story
The global Mining and Metals industry is going to come together to talk more about using digital technologies for finance and many other business areas July 12-14 at the International SAP Conference for Mining and Metals in Frankfurt, Germany. Click here or below to find out more and register. Don’t miss this opportunity to meet with world leaders and learn how your organization can become a connected, digital enterprise.
Follow who is coming and speaking and pre-event activities by following sapmmconf and @sapmillmining on Twitter