Open Text had released the Invoice Approval Fiori App based on 7.0 SP6 and 7.5 SP2.
The following functionality is covered by the app
– Non PO Invoice Approvals
While Open Text has made the step in the right direction, there are many functionalities which are not yet covered by Open Text Fiori App.
– PO Invoice Approvals
– Blocked Invoices / Exception Handling
– Invoice Coding and Verification
Sample Screen from OpenText Fiori App for Non PO Invoice Approvals
Issues faced in implementing / using the Open Text Fiori App:
– Not supported on Fiori Client App
– Indefinite wait indicator on screen
– Incorrect componentisation of code
– No extension points in UI
– Rendering issues
– Attachment Rendering issues
– App crashes
– Refer functionality issues
The above issues have made this Fiori app not user friendly and does not work on mobile Fiori client (Open Text confirmed that this works only on mobile browser!! Fiori app that doesn’t work on Fiori Client 🙂 ). Even though Open Text has mentioned the app can be extended by config in the back end, that very much limited the ability to freely customize the UI code.
To overcome these issues and limitations we had to do the following
– Fixes and modifications to Open Text Fiori App for Non PO Invoice Approvals
– Redesign the code to run it in Fiori Client App
– Developed a completely New app for PO Invoice Approvals
– Still working on Invoice Coding and Verification
Here are the screenshots
Screenshot for PO Invoice Approval:
Road map given by Open Text shows that blocked invoices will be supported by April 2016 along with 7.5 SP4.
In the mean time while Open Text fixes their app, let me know if you need any help on deploying the Invoice Approval Fiori App in your organization.