If SMP 3.0 is in an environment with no direct access to the internet and a proxy is required, you will need to perform manual steps do configure the proxy. This blog will walk you through all the required steps to enable proxy in SMP 3.0 SP07+ that requires a proxy to access the internet.
- SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP07
- SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP08
- SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP09
I have found that in order to make the proxy work, you need to perform 2 steps.
Step 1 is to change the settings on the SMP Admin Cockpit.
Step 2 is to configure the props.ini file on the SMP file system and then regenerate the SMP 3.0 service.
Proxy settings on the SMP Admin Cockpit
Login to the SMP Admin Cockpit with your credentials.
Navigate to Settings, System and find the form to fill the proxy settings.
On the bottom left of the page, press Save. Restart the server after you make these changes.
Proxy settings on the SMP 3.0 Server (props.ini)
Login on your SMP 3.0 Server and follow the following steps to configure your proxy:
- Open the props.ini configuration file located in the following default installation <SMP-HOME-PATH>\MobilePlatform3\Server in a text editor
- Look for the following parameters,
- Add your proxy as shown below and save your file
- So if for example your proxy is called “myProxy” and the port is “8080“, then that would look like this:
- If the secure https proxy is the same server, then the configuration would look like this:
- Once you are done, save your changes
Note: If your proxy settings require a username and password, use the following on the props.ini file.
Note: any changes to the props.ini requires either stopping and starting the SMP server via the desktop shortcut, or if it is running as a service, the service should stop and the service configuration needs to be regenerated in order to make SMP 3.0 uses the new proxy configuration, If SMP 3.0 is not running as a service and it is running through the desktop shortcut, manually, then all we need to do is stop the server using the shortcut and restart the server using the shortcut.
Regenerating the SMP Mobile Service
To regenerate the service in order to make SMP use the new configuration from the props.ini file follow the following steps:
- Stop SMP 3.0 service if it is running as a service
- Open a command prompt as an Administrator
- Navigate to the following location <SMP-HOME-PATH>\MobilePlatform3\Server\bin
- Execute this svcutil -uninstall
- Execute this svcutil -generate
- Execute this svcutil -install
- Restart the SMP Mobile Service
- SMP 3.0 should be able to access the external resource using the proxy configuration
For More information you can always refer to the KBA, 1969316.
This article explained how to enable and configure SMP 3.0 SP07+ proxy using the props.ini file and how to regenerate the service for SMP 3.0