In this blog I would like to share our experience with SUM 1.0 SP 14 / 15, that are working significantly differently, and in many ways more sophisticated, than previous releases up to SP 13.
In fact, Boris Rubarth‘s continuousness blogs about SAP Software Logistics, and especially SL Toolset 1.0 SPS 14: improved Software Logistics Tools and SUM 1.0 SP 14 gets a buddy called SP 15 have helped us tremendously.
To start with, SUM 1.0 SP 14 / 15 is invoked differently from the previous releases up to SP 13. You still have to be logged on as an administrator, preferably SIDadm, but the command has changed to
.\startup confighostagent SID:
In return, you will be presented with the URLs you have to use to log into the tool, specifically:
- SUM Java: https://hostname:1129/lmsl/sumjava/SID/index.html
- SUM ABAP: https://hostname:1129/lmsl/sumabap/SID/doc/sluigui
- SUM Dual stack: https://hostname:1129/lmsl/sumjava/SID/dual.html
- SUM benchmark tool: https://hostname:1129/lmsl/migtool/SID/doc/sluigui
However, it does not tell you, that these URLs are different if you are not on HTTPS:
- SUM Java: http://hostname:1128/lmsl/sumjava/SID/index.html
- SUM ABAP: http://hostname:1128/lmsl/sumabap/SID/doc/sluigui
- SUM Dual stack: http://hostname:1128/lmsl/sumjava/SID/dual.html
- SUM benchmark tool: http://hostname:1128/lmsl/migtool/SID/doc/sluigui
Doing so, you will be presented with a nice, fresh and crisp SUM HTML5 user interface:
The new UI gives you access to the so far more hidden upgrade steps:
As well as to the logs:
Further more, it allows to set breakpoints prior to any execution step! How cool is that?!