Just Released: New Future Cities Value Map for 2016
Kicking-off 2016 the Future Cities team released a new version of SAP’s Value Map for cities, urban settlements and regions on Solution Explorer:
Especially for our 3 main (vertical) Business Priorities we added a couple of new and hot topics while keeping proven ones:
Urban Resilience: Providing a better quality of life for everyone
Our Urban Resilience pillar encompasses four areas addressing the fundamentals needed to keep citizens safe, engage deeply with various communities, foster an open and inclusive society, and proactively address factors that make a city a great place to live and work:
- Public Safety & Security: Create a safer and more secure place to live by facilitating greater community preparedness, increased threat anticipation, improved service delivery, faster resolution, and enhanced resilience.
- Healthy & Caring Populations: Establish a platform for proactive collaboration, care planning, and coordination to improve health, social justice, and well-being and to protect the most vulnerable.
- Sustainable Communities: Build consensus, access and participation for everyone by engaging with every faction of the community in an open, transparent, and inclusive manner.
- Thriving Sports & Culture: Foster an active, culturally rich, and tolerant society by shaping the culture and shared experiences that turn citizens into a community.
Digital Transformation: Creating a new urban reality with an adaptive, flexible government
Our second pillar is dedicated to support government to achieve top-notch performance and productivity. For this to happen officials need to be empowered to get their job done the best way possible. This requires a shift to digital with real-time access to the right tools and information – anywhere, anytime, and in context for the situation at hand:
- Good Governance: Improve effectiveness, efficiency, and transparency by doing the fundamentals really well and by optimizing scarce resources.
- Data-driven Cities: Become results-oriented with real-time metrics and access to live data.
- Digital Experience: Meet rising citizen demands to provide an up-to-date, consumer-grade, seamless service experience across various channels.
- Future Workforce: Ensure long-term employability by providing critical skills to officials and job-seekers and by improving public employment services and labor market information.
Economic Prosperity: Building a smarter economy to help ensure global competitiveness
Cities, urban settlements, and regions across the globe need to adapt to a fast-changing world and create a smarter economy with technology that powers urban transformation, innovation, and best-in-class performance:
- Networked Economy: Secure strategic revenue streams by making best-in-class private sector innovations available to the urban ecosystem.
- Connected Communities, Devices & Sensors: Connect and transform your city by overhauling municipal processes, models, and services through the Internet of Things.
- Integrated Transport & Mobility: Improve traveler experience, optimize capacity, and help ensure greater productivity.
- Optimized Assets & Infrastructure: Enable an intelligent, adaptive, and sustainable infrastructure which is ready for current and future demand levels.
I hope you found this overview interesting and I look forward to hearing your thoughts in the comments below. Stay tuned for more updates here on SCN.