Identifying Duplicate Claims & thereby avoid duplicate Payments (SAP CRM TPM Scenario)
The consumer products manufacturers usually runs lot of trade promotions in order to promote their products through retails stores, shops etc. The major part of their marketing budgets are used in “Trade spend “ , which is “incentive” given to “Retailers “ for participating in “Trade Promotions” .
When retailer participates in particular “Trade promotion “, at the end of Promotion period, the retailer submits the “claim “to get “decided amount” to manufacturer.
When Claim processing agent /executive, gets claim, he starts processing claim in “Trade Promotion Management “ system , let’s say SAP CRM TPM .
Since the number of trade promotions and number of retailers are large in numbers –
- It has been very challenging for Consumer Product companies to keep a track
- To ensure that max claim amount is not exceeding Promotion amount.
It has been observed that if we do not incorporate functionality to identify duplicate claims, company might lose
their money unnecessarily in processing false /duplicate claims. It also reduces the overall effectiveness of Trade spend.
In Typical SAP CRM TPM landscape, where you can use “Claim De- Duplication functionality “which enables you to identify duplicate claims and
helps you to avoid duplicate payments.
Configuration settings in SAP CRM :
1) Activate the business function Claim and Fund Management (CRM_CF_1)
2) Define De-Duplication Profile
SAP CRM Configuration Path: SPRO -> CRM-> Claim Management à Claim De Duplication
Then assign claim deduplication profiles to
- Claim and
- Claim submission transaction types.
To identify duplicate claims, the system uses these deduplication profiles.
Fig.3 – Screenshot for Claim transaction
Fig.4 – Screenshot for Claim Submission
Please note , that only claims and claim submissions with the same deduplication profiles are
checked against each other.
-> Checking criteria
To identify duplicate claims, the system uses checking criteria, for example,
- Claiming Account,
- External Reference Number,
- Claimed Amount.
How it Works:
You can also define your own checking criteria from a predefined list of options.
You can start the deduplication check automatically in the following ways:
- Initial:When you create or make changes to a claim but before you add a trade promotion, the system starts the initial claim deduplication check.
- Complete:When you save a claim that has one or more trade promotions assigned, the system starts the complete claim duplication check.
You can also start the deduplication check manually at any time by clicking the refresh button.
- Ignore duplicate reasons :When a duplicate claim is found by the system and there is a valid reason for the duplicate claim, you can choose the reason for continuing to process the claim.
Please Note that, if a claim has the status Canceled or Corrected, the claim is excluded from the duplicate checks.
SAP CRM has also provided BADI: CRM_CLA_DUP_CHECK
You can use this BAdI to enhance the initial and the complete check types in the claims deduplication profiles. The BAdI modifies the search criteria before the search of duplicate claims in order to restrict the results.
This useful functionality can help consumer product Manufacturing Companies to save a good amount of money , by avoiding unnecessary duplicate claims processing