What is SAP Social Service Solution ?
SAP Social Services Management solution is mostly used for public sector organizations which provide monetary and non monetary benefits, funded as social assistance programs for the general welfare of citizens. It provides automatic processing of submitted applicant data which is a crucial task for a Caseworker.
When a citizen applies for a government benefit, the following business process will be executed:
Most of the business objects which are used in this social services solutions are One Order documents like Sales Order, Opportunity in CRM Sales solution.
Business objects used in social services are :
- Web Request – Request form that contains the applicant data to be filled out for a social application and the benefits that can be requested.
- Social Application (SOA) – When a citizen applies for a type of benefit, he submits web request form. All his information will be captured in Social Application (SOA).
- Social Service Plan (SSP) – When Caseworker approves Social application, Social Service Plan (SSP) will be created. Whenever an SSP is created in SAP CRM system, the same will be replicated to ECC (PSCD) system as SXP through CRM middleware.
- Decision basis (DBA) – When the Caseworker takes decision on SSP, he will have to verify the details for the citizen. All collective information for the citizen such as salary details, workplace etc are stored in DBA. Caseworker can check the DBA for that person and based on DBA data, he can take a decision on the SSP/SDP.
- Social Deduction Plan (SDP) – When the citizen submits the form for deduction (amount which he has already paid or got in some form), then instead of SSP, SDP will be created.It will be same as SSP, replicated in ERP system as SXP only difference being it has that amount which will be deducted from ongoing SSP while entitlement calculation.
6. Case Assignment – All business transaction, attachments, notes and all other related documents for benefits of the applicant can be kept in social case in Case Management. Social case will be assigned to social application, social service plan and social deduction plan.
While processing Social application, Social service plan and Social deduction plan, following process has to be executed automatically or manually by Caseworker :
- Eligibility Determination : Eligibility check has to be executed for applicant submitted data whether he/she is eligible for this applied benefits.
- Entitlement Determination & Calculation : Entitlement determination evaluates the application data and the eligibility periods defined to determine benefits that person has to get.
- Decision Assessment : Decision Assessment evaluation happens after entitlement determination and calculation.
- Approval : It is the final step to process any application for the benefits which applicant is going to receive.
SAP Social services is an integration of SAP CRM (Customer Relationship Management) with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system. CRM system provides the facility to determine all the benefits and ERP is used for calculating amount and payment execution. Middleware is responsible for replicating the data from SAP CRM system to SAP ERP.
SAP CRM Solution – It has been used for determining all the entitlement items with the help of BRF rules and BADI.
SAP ERP(PSCD) – It has been used mostly for entitlement calculation and payment execution. Below are the steps which are mostly executed in ERP system :
- Calculation of benefit entitlement amounts
- Preparation of periodic payment amounts
- Clearing of social deduction amounts
- Bundling of payment and deduction items in net calculation documents
- Preparation of billing documents as the basis for the payment run that is executed in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable (FI-CA).