Create SAP Fiori applications using ABAP LPD_CUST for Beginners
SAP Fiori is the user experience for SAP software, enabling a responsive, personalized, and satisfying experience across devices. It is based on SAPUI5. I Created document for how to configure fiori apps for beginners which helps to understand basic ideas. Just follow the 20 simple steps mentioned below for fiori step by step easy configuration.
- Create New Launchpad from LPD_CUST. Give Role, Instance and Description
2. Click the New Application
3. Enter Link Text. Follow all the places same name to avoid name mismatch. I recommended to follow same BSP file name in all the places. Select application type as “URL”
4. Before that get the application URL from SICF. Give your BSP file name in Service name and press F8.
5. You got service Hierarchy. Choose ui5_ui5 service (Highlighted below) and Double click on the service.
6. Copy the highlighted URL area following with your service name and paste into your application URL in your Launchpad (Now goto step 3)
7. Click the URL Editor.
8. Paste the service URL.
9. Click the Show Advanced Parameters button
10. Enter Application Alias Name (Any name you can fallow). Then save your Lauchpad.
11. Create Semantic Object by using /UI2/SEMOBJ . Enter Custom Semantic object, Semantic Object name and description and Save.
12. Open Fiori Admin URL. Create new Tile either Static or Dynamic. At the time of create give own Tile ID and Name. Then, In tiles configuration give Semantic object name and Action.
13. In Target Mapping configuration(Intent) give your semantic object name and Action. (Note: Tile config and Target Mapping config Action should be same) and save.
14. In Target Mapping Configuration(Target), Choose “Other SAP Fiori” option. Here, Give your launchpad role, Instance, Application Alias name and save.
15. Create Groups with own Group ID and text. Once created, Add tile.
16. Select your Tile and check the checkbox to enable. Now assign the roles to users to access this catalogs and groups.
17. Create or Open user roles by using PFCG. In Menu tab add Fiori tile Group and Catalog by clicking the Transaction button (Small down arrow).
18. Give your Tile ID and Group ID. (These ID’s created step 12 and step 15). Give UserID to User tab.
19. Open Fiori Launchpad, Now our tile has appeared.
20. Click on the tile, it can be redirected into our application.
Thats it.. ..!!
I will be glad to hear your feedback and listen to all your questions.
Thanks!! Good work.. Please keep post ..
I like step by step instruction with screenshot.
You can also refer How To Deploy an SAPUI5 App On Fiori Launchpad.
Good job..!! Your post helpful for beginners..!!!
Thank you for the blog. It was really helpful to get started.
Nice Job , 🙂 easy to follow the steps.
It is really very helpful.
Thanks for sharing.
Really Helpful 🙂 Good work...
Very helpful post for beginners 🙂 Thank You
Thanks for sharing this. Extremely helpful for newbies like me.
Nice. Please post some more article.
Nice Document. Helpful for Beginners. Keep doing.
Thanks for the document.
I have a problem, my custom sapui5 application that i added to Fiori launchpad is opened in another window (not in the same window of Fiori Launchpad ).
Could you please help me to resolve this problem ?
Thanks & Best Regards.
Thank you for your feedback.
This is browser issue. Kindly check your application with different browser. If again you have struck in same issue means, kindly let me know.
I have already tried with other browsers 🙁
the problem that a added the same application to the fiori launchpad of SAP HANA Cloud portal, and the application is running in the same browser tab.
Please find the below thread, It would be helpful to resolve your issue.
Fiori tile opens in new window
I already work with the new version of Fiori Launchpad.
Thanks for your help.
Hello Yassine, how are you?
I would like to know about the respective problem.
Are you already solve it?
How you solve it?
I have the same problem, but I can't solve it yet.
Hi Andre and Yassine,
I'm also got same issue recently. I found that, problem is in Role. If you want to check, please remove all roles appropriate user (Before that take reference backup), Create new one single role and add catalogs and groups to that user. Now you check. It will work on same window.
I did like you recommended, but until now It didn't work yet.
I deleted and created again the Catalog, Group and Role, but It don't work.
Curiously, I have other problem on the same universe. When I Put another App (new Catalog and new UI5 APP), it's not called, just the another one that already buy itis opened in another window.
I don't know where the problem can be.
Can you help me with this issues?
I have identified why the already APPs was called: It's because my "application Alias" that was incorrect and equal for 2 APPs. I Solved it, but now I have 2 different Apps opened in another window.
The main problema still persists. 🙁
Could you help me?
Very well documented.
Thanks for sharing !!
Thank you 🙂
I found this very useful especially the bit about tile and target mapping action to be the same.
I note the My Leave Request V2 uses action manage and not createLeaveRequest.
What impact does the action have, I know this forms part of the intent along with the semantic object.
Hi Ram Kumar,
it's really helpful.i have one doubt,please will you clarify key role of semantic object.