It has been three years since we conducted our very SAP CodeJam in 2012 and I must say we have sure have come a long way since then. Since its initial launch in 2012, we have worked with over 10,000 developers on several different technologies, have been in almost 150 cities and conducted over 300-plus events. With the year coming to an end, I thought it would be the perfect time to give a review of where we are today and what’s new to come in 2016.
SAP CodeJam 2012 – 2015 stats ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What is SAP CodeJam you may ask?
Well, SAP CodeJam is a 5 to 6 hours event where a small group of developers get together for an afternoon of networking, learning, and coding in an ultra-casual environment all for free. Attendees get a chance to share and expand their knowledge and collaboratively develop with SAP technologies, platforms and tools under the watchful guidance of an expert. The events are developer community focused and supported by SAP, exploring technologies available through the SAP Developer Center.
How to request an event?
Requesting a SAP CodeJam event is very simple and easy. All you need to do is send us an email at email@example.com, with the following information: email of the local contact person for the event, country and city in which the event will take place, estimated number of attendees (25-40), event location, three possible dates, and a topic for the event.
We have updated our list of topics to choose from and added new ones as well:
- SAP HANA XS (available for SPS10)
- SAPUI5 (available via the Web IDE or through OpenUI5)
- Java Development (via SAP HANA Cloud Platform using several services such as Gamification, Identity, Translation, etc)
- Mobile services (Hybrid app development with SAP Web IDE and Hybrid App Toolkit (iOS and Android))
- SAP Jam collaboration environment (SAP Jam | Cloud Collaboration Tools & Software | SAP)
- SAP Portal (SAP HANA Cloud Portal)
- ABAP for SAP HANA Fundamentals
- ABAP for SAP HANA with Fiori
- SAP Gateway
- SAP SQL Anywhere
- SAP Lumira (Introductory look non SDK version)
- SAP HANA Cloud Integration
- ABAP in Eclipse (with SDK)
- SAP IoT
We are also working on a few new topics for the New Year, which aren’t available yet but are in progress:
- S/4 HANA (SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA)
- Cloud Analytics (Analytics | SAP HANA Cloud Platform)
- SAP Vora (SAP HANA Vora | Hadoop In-Memory Query | SAP)
- SAP HANA XS (with XSA available in SAP HANA SPS 11)
Introducing SAP CodeJam Exclusive Editions:
In addition to offering new topics, we also added a new SAP CodeJam format. Late last year, we introduced a new SAP CodeJam format – SAP CodeJam Exclusive Edition, and we hope to grow and expand the format in 2016.
SAP CodeJam Exclusive Edition offers individual organizations a chance to let their own development teams come together with SAP experts for a 2 day combination event. These combination events allow SAP experts to show up to 50 developers from a specific organizations new technologies from SAP and how those technologies may work together with their existing systems. The event format is specifically only for the requesting organizations and their employees. SAP will send our experts to your location at our expense, however additional costs and logistics are the responsibility of the requesting organization.
What topics do we offer for the SAP CodeJam Exclusive Edition format?
Choices for the topic series at this time are somewhat limited and future topics could be added.
- Series: SAP HANA Cloud Platform & SAP IoT Services
- Series: SAP HANA XS & SAP HANA XS with UI5
- Series: SAP UI5 with SAP WebIDE & SAP Gateway
- Series: SAP Lumira & SAP Lumira with BW
How can you request a SAP CodeJam Exclusive Edition?
It’s very simple, just send us a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- Name of your organization
- Number of participating employees (up to 50)
- 3 Possible dates for this 2 day event series
- Physical Address of where it should take place
- Company logo (we’d like to include it in our graphic and on our website if that is acceptable)
- Topic series of choice
With 2015 coming to an end, I would like to thank everyone for making it such a great year for SAP CodeJam, and I look forward to see what 2016 will bring for us. Cheers to the New Years and to many more SAP CodeJam events.
We are accepting requests on a daily basis! So be sure to make your requests soon!