openui5 integration with php server
i was playing around with the openui5 libraries and a php server. i’ve created a little application that uses json to exchange data between the ui and the php server.
i was impressed how easy it was to link these two technologies.
As soon as we finish the integration tests of the test application, i’ll share some code and guides here.
By now i would like to give some tipps to start with:
– Start with an application from the demo sites of openui5
– Keep the PHP backend flexible & keep a basic JSON template containing eg. Messages, Error Status an so on.
– Host the PHP JSON creator and the openui5 application on the same host to avoid cross site origin issues
– Avoid redirects from PHP service
– Use JSON model in the openui5 application
– Google Map Integration – I found a nice project on github – i’ll share the link later.
PHP and oData:
I didn’t find a good way to provide an oData implementation based on PHP. If you now a good library or have a working implementation, please be so kind to share it in the comments to this document.
By now the application i wrote is a web application that can be accessed by a browser. During my holiday i’ll build a hybrid application for android using HCPms services and i’ll create a native app for android as well. Also on this topic i’ll share updates when the integration tests are finished.
I’m really looking forward to my vacations starting tomorrow to finish the application described above.
For me a major point that i want to mention is, that the openui5/sapui5 implemnetation works better with every release of the framework. I’m a passionate ABAP developer but i clearly have to say the more i work with the openui5/sapui5 framework the more fun it becomes. Right now i’m at a stage where i can say implementaion with openui5/sapui5 framework is much faster than classic dynpro or webdynpro development.
I hope you enjoyed this document & i’m looking forward to share further information about the application implementation with openui5 and php.
I wisch everybody a nice day & enjoy the last days of 2015.