How to create DIMa instance
The Data Integrity Manager (DIMa) is a standard tool to compare the business objects in different databases. It can be used to compare the data such as BP, product, condition between CRM database and R/3 back-end database or CDB database.
In this blog, I will post the detailed steps about how to create a new DIMa Instance and how to use it to compare the data. I will take comparison for CRM BP and ERP customer as an example.
- Run T-code SDIMA
- Click on button “New DIMa Instance”. Now you could see the DIMa Instance Wizard. Click on “Continue”.
3. Give a name for the instance, and choose the DIMa object as per your comparison. In this case, I will compare the CRM BP and ERP customer, so I choose object “CUSTOMER”. Then continue.
5. 4. Here you should choose the correct RFC destination. (It is better to take the suggested value list and then choose the appropriate RFC destination).
For the “filter mode”, it has “N- All filters” mode and “C- DIMa filters only” mode. If you choose “C- DIMa filters only”, then for comparison, the R/3 adapter object (Initial download object) filters are not considered. Normally, we choose “All filters” mode.
5. Click on “add a new line” button, here you could add the filter and select the data you want to compare. Please note the LOW field should be maintained as 10-digits number. The leading zeroes are needed. Then continue.
6. Click on “complete”. A new DIMa instance is created.
7. Right click on the instance name in the left. Choose “Start comparison” which is for header comparison. When it finished, right click on the instance name again, choose “Start detail comparison”. The header comparison only checks whether business objects exist, the detail comparison checks whether the objects are identical in both databases.
8. Then you will see the comparison result. In my case, the data is equal to each other in CRM and ERP. If the data is not equal to each other, the “message” field will have a flag. You could click on the check box, the difference will be listed.
Here is an important note regarding DIMa. It contains a note list for different business objects.
531217 – Data Integrity Manager (DIMa)