In first place, there is a property in the specification database ‘Use and exposure scenario’ where the uses and exposure scenarios must be informed. The reason, they must appear in the MSDS.
If we’re lucky and we are using ‘Product and REACH Compliance’, this hard work is made by our customers and providers. We send them an interactive Adobe form, and we just have to wait their answer. But if we only have a huge collection of pdf files, also known as unstructure data, each one containing all the known exposure scenarios for the substance, and we are trying to be compliant.
The MSDS can be sent automatically (SD_CALL) and manually (MAN_CALL), this is the reason why I discard to send a report shipping order with the MSDS, other with the exposure scenarios, and later make a package with both, the user will forget to create the second report shipping order.
So, the chosen solution is the following:
- Convert the pdf file (with 30-50 pages) to doc or docx, (I use Adobe Acrobat Reades DC)
- Create a document (CV01N) in DMS, I have create mi own document type.
- Upload the doc file as an original workstation aplication ‘DOC’ or ‘WRD’ (I have choose ‘DOC’) and storage the file in a data carrier.
- Release the document in DMS.
- Create an instance of the property SAP_EHS_1027_001.
- Add in label ‘User-Def.Text/Docs’ the DMS document. The User-Def. Text type must allow to assign a document (For example EDS – Document for exposure scenario), the language must be set.
In the WWI report I need to insert the following symbols.
If the file with the exposure scenario is only avaliable in a language (for example in English)
The reason to convert the pdf file to word is that WWI only show the first page of inserted object (pdf, xls,…), but insert all the pages with the doc. This can be checked in the WWI server, file WWI.ini, or from transaction CGSADM in ‘Application Parameters’.