Support of QR Code and BARCODE in CR4E
Crystal Reports Enterprise 4.2 release supports the new feature ie generation of QR code and Barcode on required fields using different formats that are provided in CR4E.
Any field (numeric / text) that is added to a report should be able to be converted to a barcode. Date / Currency fields also can be converted to specific barcode formats. E.g. Code 128 can work on any data and convert it into a 1-D barcode. If unsupported characters exist in the column which is being converted, the offending rows should be shown blank or with appropriate error message or actual object value.
CR4E supports two types formats ie 1D and 2D formats.
- 1D: 1 Dimensional – The supported formats are:
a. EAN-13: This format supports only numeric characters containing 13 digits(12 Data and 1 Check Digit) representing the 13 Digit European Article Number
b. EAN-8: This format supports only numeric characters containing 8 digits (7 Data and 1 Check Digit) representing the 8 Digit European Article Number. Popular in Europe
c. UPC-A : This format supports only numeric characters containing 12 digits(11 Data and 1 Check Digit) . popular in point of sale scanning especially in US
d. Code128: This format supports encoding of all ASCII characters
e. ITF-14: This format supports only numeric characters containing 14 digits(0-9)
f. Code39: This format supports uppercase English letters(A-Z),numeric digits(0-9) and special characters(-, ., $, /, +, %) and space
g. Codabar: This format supports only these 16 characters (0-9,-.:,$/+ with start/end character with A,B,C,D only) with any length.
2. 2D : 2Dimensional- The supported formats are:
a. QRCode: This format supports alphanumeric characters, few special characters($,%,*,+,-,.,/,:) and spaces
- DataMatrix – This format supports all ASCII characters. It has small form factor
- PDF417: This format supports all ASCII characters. Government usage. It can store more than 1KB of data
- Aztec: This format supports all ASCII and Extended ASCII characters. used in the transport industry like airlines etc.
How to use QR Codes and Barcodes in CR4E:
Through Context Menu:
“Change to QRCode/Barcode” option will be available in context menu, toolbar and in Format menu bar
- Select the supported field and Right click on it, Select “Change to QRCode/Barcode” from context menu.
2. A pop up “Convert to Barcode…” will appear to prompt user to
a. Select the format which contains format description.
b. Select the display type for unsupported values.
c. Can Grow checkbox.
3. Select appropriate option and click OK.
4. The selected in the report is replaced by respective QR Code or Barcode.
Through Formula fields:
User can write a Formula using the formula editor and pass a function like BarcodeC128(“123456789”).
Functions are available as “Functions->Barcode functions”
Hope it helps to use the feature in CR4E .