IMPORTANT: Planned changes to SAP Cloud for Customer – Organization Management asof the planned February 2016 Release
This note from SAP SE is regarding the planned SAP Cloud for Customer – February 2016 Release and describes planned changes to the way organizational structures are managed in SAP Cloud for Customer. The note highlights some of the steps that need to be undertaken before the planned February 2016 upgrade of SAP Cloud for Customer.
Simplification. Performance. Flexibility.
SAP SE has simplified and optimized the process for creating and maintaining organizational structures
- You will no longer have to take the additional step of activating your structure or the org units within it as all changes are automatically active and the system works off the validity dates directly.
- The user interface will use the same pattern as is used for territory management—so you can manage your org structure using the worklist and details screens you’re already familiar with.
- The optimization will improve the overall performance related to replication and maintenance of org structures.
- The solution is planned to be enhanced to allow for the deletion of org units.
- Distribution channels will be maintained via the org structure for Sales Organizations—you’ll no longer need to work through the organizational work distribution rules to set this up.
- If you work with the SDK, you’ll no longer need to use positions when working with the organizational model.
Why is SAP SE making these changes?
- Performance: optimizing for SAP Cloud for Customer will improve performance, particularly around maintenance/changes to the org structure
- Flexibility: by simplifying the data model and aligning the user interface, we are able to support org unit deletion as well as plan for further future enhancements (like multi-assignment of employees to org units)
What does this mean for you?
- In order for all of your organization structure data to migrate during the February 2016 release upgrade, YOU MUST ACTIVATE ALL OF YOUR ORG STRUCTURE UNITS prior to the upgrade of test tenants.
- If any org units are still inactive at the time of the migration, you’ll need to recreate them.
Not much else will change after the upgrade.
- No impact on the existing objects using org structure data
- No impact on object-specific determinations that use org structure data
- No impact on integration or related mapping
- No impact on user authorizations
- No impact on workflow or routing rules
Guenter Wilmer talks about and outlines the planned changes to SAP Cloud for Customer – Organization Management as of the February 2016 Release in the video below:
The PDF document with the content of the planned changes to SAP Cloud for Customer – Organization Management as of the planned February 2016 Release is linked below:
THANK YOU for your time and attention to this important matter.
(Please leave a comment if you have problems accessing the content.)